Tray Menu Missing Typical Menu Commands???
Posted by: escargo (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: January 19, 2008 05:55AM

Hello! I am a first time installer, the install went fine and opening firefox shows everything installed and version numbers for items as they should be....

The only weird thing is the WampServer tray icon menu that pops up doesn't look like the one on the home page. These are the only items in the menu: About, Refresh, Help, Language, Exit. The status given by hovering over the tray icon says server is offline. Hmmmm

I was excited about installing and using Wamp for the menu to get access to stop all services and start all services. Why is this menu missing these as well as all the other menu commands? I've uninstalled and reinstalled. I've deleted all previous install files in the Wamp folder and the same thing each time, but this was a fresh install of Wamp on this machine. OS: WinXP Pro

I should add that opening firefox and entering through the localhost url opens the WampServer main menu and allows access to the tools, but I really want to use the tray menu.

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2008 05:59AM by escargo.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Tray Menu Missing Typical Menu Commands???
Posted by: avdg (---.access.telenet.be)
Date: January 19, 2008 10:28AM

You can solve it self, go to the wamp-serversroot and enter the lang directory.
Open the english.lang or the french.lang and your_lang.lang.

Now you can find the bugs and incorrect translation in that file (compare it with the english/french file)...

Maybe it is usefull if u send the correct version to the programmer,
so the bug is away in the new release...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/19/2008 10:31AM by avdg.

Re: Tray Menu Missing Typical Menu Commands???
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 19, 2008 03:37PM

Left click to access Main Menu and right click to access Secondary Menu

Check my websites for some other guides

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.