Path to database changed in 2.0?
Posted by: baldguy (---.dsl.akrnoh.ameritech.net)
Date: January 19, 2008 01:16AM

I have had v.1 running for a while. I saved all my data from www and mysql/data and upgraded to 2.0. I added a folder from the old www into the new www. I need to insert the database, but I am unsure where to do it. The old path was wamp/mysql/data. The new path appears to be wamp/bin/mysql/mysql5.0.45/data. This is where I put the db folder.

When I try to open the program (Joomla), I get an error "Could not connect to the database server". I have no trouble seeing the db when I use phpMyAdmin.

Do I need to change the path somewhere, or did I put the db in the wrong location? Do I need to specify a new path in the config file? How do I make Joomla (or any other cms) see the database?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Path to database changed in 2.0?
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 19, 2008 03:34AM

You have to export (backup) then import (restore) them

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: January 19, 2008 03:54AM

Just to clarify, the database is there. All the information is intact, and I can access it through phpMyAdmin. I just can't get Joomla to see that it is there.

Date: January 19, 2008 04:03AM

I know it, and that's the proper way, but if you want quick and dirty, try to modify these codes in file configuration.php

$mosConfig_absolute_path: This is the absolute server path to your new Joomla! installation. It will probably look something like "/path/to/joomla/installation".

$mosConfig_cachepath: This is the absolute server path to the cache for your Joomla! installation. It will probably look something like "/path/to/joomla/installation/cache".

$mosConfig_live_site: This is your website's url. It will be something like "[www.yoursite.com"];.

$mosConfig_host: This is the location of the server that hosts your MySQL database. For most instances, this value will be "localhost". If you are unsure, ask your hosting provider.

$mosConfig_db: This is the name of your MySQL database.

$mosConfig_user: This is the database user name. Make sure this user has all privileges on your database.

$mosConfig_password: This is the password for your MySQL database user.

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: January 19, 2008 04:15AM

I forgot to reenter the db users!

Working just fine now!

Thanks for the help!!!

Date: January 19, 2008 03:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.