Uploading finished website to remote server
Posted by: krowe (---.range86-152.btcentralplus.com)
Date: January 07, 2008 01:38AM

Hi all

Pretty new at this so excuse my ignorance.

I have created a website using joomla 1.5 using the localhost on wampserver, configured all components and modules etc that i need etc and confirmed that it is all working. However after wanting to put the site live on a remote server I am getting the following errormessages when i try and open up the site after uploading all my files via FTP.....

Warning: require_once(C:/wamp/www/damnedupdate/includes/version.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/dothost.eu/vhosts/damned.eu.md/includes/joomla.php on line 71

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'C:/wamp/www/damnedupdate/includes/version.php' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /home/dothost.eu/vhosts/damned.eu.md/includes/joomla.php on line 71

Any ideas would be appriciated.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Uploading finished website to remote server
Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: January 07, 2008 04:34AM

Hi,

In general, your question has more to do with Joomla than WAMP and in similar situations you should first check for the answers from the forum at joomla.org before coming here.

The latest version of Joomla is currently at RC4 or Release Candidate 4 stage. If a software application is a Release Candidate, it is still in public trial mode so that bugs can be ironed out.

However, based on the error message you quote, you do not seem to be running Joomla 1.5, because the program joomla.php has only 7 lines in version 1.5.

However, the contents of your error message is consistent with the earlier version 1.0, possibly between 1.0.10 and 1.0.13, where joomla.php has a few thousand lines and line 71 contains:

require_once( $mosConfig_absolute_path . '/includes/version.php' );

The error message triggered by line 71 indicates that your Joomla configuration is not set up correctly. The contents of the variable on line 71 is retrieved from the script configuration.php. Open configuration.php using Notepad and locate the line:

$mosConfig_absolute_path = '/path/to/joomla/install'; // No trailing slash

The path must point to the root of the directory where you installed Joomla. If Joomla is in the folder /home/dothost.eu/vhosts/damned.eu.md/, then the line needs to contain:

$mosConfig_absolute_path = '/home/dothost.eu/vhosts/damned.eu.md'; // No trailing slash

Good luck!

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.