Trouble with IE
Posted by: mallratbrody (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2008 03:59AM

Using wamp on windows xp machines, all php scripts work fine except one. When trying to log in to gain access to a file, it doesn't seem to be re-directing. After submitting the password, it says "page can not be displayed", but when you hit the back arrow all the data is there just as it should have been. The problem only arises in IE, Firefox does not have this issue. I also have gotten it to work on one machine with IE, matched up the same settings but still the other machines aren't properly displaying, does anyone have any ideas? The php script in question just validates the password is correct, then populates a sidebox with a .wmv file. Any suggestions would be most helpful.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trouble with IE
Posted by: student101 (---.saix.net)
Date: January 04, 2008 08:10AM

Never had that before,

What version of IE are you using?

It could be that you aren't connecting to the database properly?
It could be that your database password may be wrong?

Posted by: mallratbrody (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: January 04, 2008 01:14PM

IE Ver. 7 , I have checked the password it is correct. What confuses me is how the script will run when using Firefox, but not in IE. I am looking into some of the config.php & configure.php files. This is the exact error message in IE that i receive.

Webpage has expired

Most likely cause:
The local copy of this webpage is out of date, and the website requires that you download it again.

What you can try:
Click on the Refresh button on the toolbar to reload the page. After refreshing, you might need to navigate to the specific webpage again, or re-enter information.

More information

.... When i hit the back arrow the data is there? I am going to looking into the way cookies are written, the problem may lie there, although it is still confusing as to how firefox is able to re-direct correctly and IE is not.

Posted by: student101 (---.saix.net)
Date: January 04, 2008 01:20PM

Firefox is a true browser, Microsux IE is still learning, along with their children coders in Egypt and Japan.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.