Setting up WAMP for the first time
Posted by: QWERTYtech (---.dsl.wcfltx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 02, 2008 06:21AM

Okay,

I downloaded the latest WAMP and went through the entire install. I have two services running: APACHE & MySQL. The following are my issues....

1. Whenever I try to go to the LOCALHOST from the WAMP menu i get a Username and password prompt. What is my username and password?

2. Whenever I try to go to the phpMyAdmin and/or SQLiteManager i get the following error in the browser: "The page cannot load". What is going wrong?

I also want to be able to host ASP.NET. Can that be done on here?

Thanks,
QWERTYtech

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Setting up WAMP for the first time
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: January 02, 2008 03:00PM

If all services running, you have to figure out which soft on your computer pop up that login request, since there is no login required when accessing localhost, and it should be fine when accessing phpmyadmin and sqlitemanager too

For asp.net, yep, absolutely but my websites still in updating progress; however, here is the cache from google

[209.85.207.104]

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: QWERTYtech (---.dsl.wcfltx.sbcglobal.net)
Date: January 02, 2008 05:27PM

Okay,

I have everything setup but I'm having to use port 81 because port 80 is already being used by my IIS box. How do i change evertyhing in wamp2 to use port 81?

Thanks,
QWERTYtech

Posted by: marc_tera (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: January 02, 2008 05:32PM

Hello,
Find the line with "Listen 80" in httpd.conf, and replace 80 with the port number you wish to use.
Marc

Posted by: QWERTYtech (68.92.22.---)
Date: January 03, 2008 12:19AM

Okay,

I now how everything working on [localhost] but I need to get it working with my domain I bought. For example: [localhost] , I need to get [QT.no-ip.biz] working.

How do I do that?

Thanks,
QWERTYtech

Date: January 03, 2008 03:23AM

Since this forums are for wamp, other topics such as dns will be posted on my websites which is still in progress of updating. In the mean time, you can put your server in online mode and use web ip to access your sites

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: QWERTYtech (68.92.22.---)
Date: January 03, 2008 06:36AM

Okay,
Whenever I am on my server and I go to my site with [localhost] , everything works great.
Whenever I go to my site via my address [qwertytech.no-ip.biz] , nothing works like it is suppost to. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,
QWERTYtech

Posted by: marc_tera (---.credit-agricole.fr)
Date: January 03, 2008 11:08AM

Hello,
You may first try to enter your IP address after h t t p : / / in order to see if your web pages are accessible from the outside.
Marc

Date: January 03, 2008 01:21PM

nothing works like it is suppost to
Sorry to point it out, but wamp is for local developers, so it's NOT supposed to

You may first try to enter your IP address after h t t p : / / in order to see if your web pages are accessible from the outside.
That's exactly what I've mentioned in previous post

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: QWERTYtech (---.dsl.wcfltx.swbell.net)
Date: January 19, 2008 04:54PM

My site is accessable from the outside. All I have to do is use my URL plus the folder my site is in and I can see it... for example: [qwertytech.no-ip.biz] with e107 being the folder my site is in. my other site is [theshireys.no-ip.info] with flash being the folder that site is in.

Thanks,
QWERTYtech

Date: January 19, 2008 07:17PM

If so, you have to check the paths in your vh setup because it's not suppose like that

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.