phpMyAdmin stopped working
Posted by: Hootie (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: December 29, 2007 11:41PM

Hi,

I hope someone can help me with this. phpMyAdmin was working but has stopped and gives the following error when I try to launch it:

Welcome to phpMyAdmin 2.10.1
Error
MySQL said:
#2003 - The server is not responding
Cannot load mysqli extension. Please check your PHP configuration.

I think it stopped working after I was switching back and forth between versions of Apache (1.3.39/2.2.6), PHP (4.3.9/5.2.5)and MySQL (4.1.22/5.0.45) and WampSever2 stopped responding to switching and an error message popped up that unfortunately I did not write down. Stopping and starting WampServer didnt help, so I rebooted.

Now the websites on WampServer2 still work fine and WampServer2 seems to switch between AMP versions fine. Also I am able to connect to either MySQL database using SQLyog (another MySQL admin application).

What could have gone wrong and how do I fix it to get phpMyAdmin working again. Thanks in advance.

Hootie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: phpMyAdmin stopped working
Posted by: Slider (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: December 30, 2007 11:15PM

My opinion:

Go to Php -> Extensions->mysqli , see if it's checked, if so, uncheck it.
Restart Wamp, try phpMyAdmin, after check it again , restart Wamp, and see if it works, with that extension or not.

Re: phpMyAdmin stopped working
Posted by: Hootie (---.abhsia.telus.net)
Date: December 31, 2007 07:33PM

Thanks Slider. phpMyAdmin started working again later on its own. I'm guessing that something persistent had to time out??

The mysqli error seems to be a different problem. After phpMyAdmin starts it reports (at the bottom with a red X) that "Cannot load mysqli extension..."

I see that there is an error in the PHP error log file which indicates a failure to open the directory for the extensions. Its looking for them in /ext when in fact they are in /extensions. It looks like there is confusion between PHP v4.3.9 extensions being in /extensions and PHP v5.2.5 extensions being in /ext. But the php.ini files indicate the right extension_dir for each. Hmmm...

Any ideas, anyone?

Thanks.

Hootie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.