No localhost
Posted by: burgint (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: December 12, 2007 10:04PM

After set up completion the icon in the lower right of screen is yellow. When I click on localhost on the icon Firefox comes up with a black page. Firefox has [localhost].

Is the setup wrong? How do I do find local host page?

Options: ReplyQuote
Set up
Posted by: burgint (---.ks.ok.cox.net)
Date: December 12, 2007 09:47PM

I have clear out C:Wamp, tried to install Wamp5 2.0. The icon at the bootom right show yellow. In the Firefox comes up with [localhost], but no page appears. Any answer on what wrong? I stayed with the defalts.

Re: No localhost
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 12, 2007 11:29PM

Wamp2 does NOT upgradeable from previous wamp, so before installing wamp2, make sure you uninstall old wamp, delete its folder, clean up its registry which is wampapache and wampmysql, restart computer then reinstall wamp2. To clean up registry, run regedit, search and delete wampapache and wampmysql.

In addtion, make sure you don't have any other soft that use or block port 80 and 3306 such as iis, skype, internet optimizer, zone alarm, so on

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: localhost:81
Posted by: ortiz (---.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net)
Date: December 16, 2007 06:42PM

Question:
How can modify Wamp2 to use port:81 instead of port:80?

This is what I have done:

I have tried to modify wampmanager.ini [menueleft] to:

Parameters: "[localhost];; Glyph: 5

but the changes are not being saved.

I also changed any reference to port 80 to port 81 on httpd.conf but no luck.

However if I open localhost from the wamp2 menue on the taskbar, I get a page not available but if I add :81 to the end of local host...then it opens.

This happens after I make the changes to the wampmanger .ini

I remember with the previous version of wamp I could modify the wampmanger.ini and the httpd.conf to use port:81 instead of port:80 which is used by IIS.

any suggestion anyone?

I would like to use Wamp2 but If I cant get it I suppose I could go back to Wamp1.7.

thanks

0rtiz.com;soniquemuseum.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.