Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
vista and wampserver
Posted by: Paul1980 (---.cable.ubr06.telf.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: December 02, 2007 03:02PM

Hello,

I have just installed the new wamp server on my vist op but i cant click it at all, looking through the forum i have seen people with vista screen shots with wamp running, can someone please help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2007 03:02PM by Paul1980.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: vista and wampserver
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 02, 2007 04:52PM

Make sure to enable port 80 in all firerwalls, and don't have any other apps using that port 80 such as iis, skype, internet optimizer, so on

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 02, 2007 05:07PM

i am not trying to connect to the server, just use the options from the icon in botton right, in the old version (1.7) you just had to right click the taskbar icon,

Date: December 02, 2007 05:35PM

If you've already used older version, you've already knew left click to access main menu and right click for secondary menu. Since this new wamp version is not upgradeable, after uninstall older version, you have to delete its root folder, even clean its registry before install this new version

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 02, 2007 05:37PM

i have instaled the new version on my clean vist install but it just wont let me left/right click for the options

Date: December 02, 2007 05:59PM

I don't want to be mean, rude or anything, just a little curious, so don't get me wrong; since you've already installed wamp before, you've already had some experience to install it or at least had idea what to prepare before installing it since new wamp 2 working fine on my all 3 vista machines: Business, Premium, and Basic

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 02, 2007 06:08PM

i didnt have no trouble installing it, all went fine,
The only problem i have got is the right/left click for the options

Posted by: Kikolin (84.77.38.---)
Date: December 04, 2007 08:07PM

I have the same problem... I've been using previous releases of wamp with Windows XP without trouble. Recently I moved to Vista 64. I have installed the new WAMP and... Something fails. Everythings is up and running. I mean, apache, my SQL and PHP are working properly. The problem is that you canĀ“t access taskbar menu by clicking by any means on icon... :-(

Any help would be appreciated.

Date: December 04, 2007 08:40PM

i still havent managed to solve this issue either, could really do with sorting it aswell sad smiley

Date: December 05, 2007 05:59AM

Even my computers are 64 capable, but I've never tried it yet; one thing for sure that it works every well on Vista 32

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Date: December 05, 2007 11:14AM

gutted, i could really do with getting it to work with 64,

are the people who built the wampserver aware of this issue?
alot of people are moving to 64 so i would of thought they would want to sort it out,

Has anyone got it running on Vista x64?

Posted by: aszlej (---.dsl.emhril.sbcglobal.net)
Date: December 06, 2007 05:38PM

Paul1980 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i have instaled the new version on my clean vist
> install but it just wont let me left/right click
> for the options

I am having the same problem. I have used WAMP in the past w/ Windows XP and I was able to click on the taskbar icon to get to the menu.

I am running Genuine Window Vista Ultimate x64 with all of the available updates. All of the server services (Apache, MySQL) are running and I can go to [localhost] just fine. The problem is with the wampmanager.exe. When I click on the icon (both left or right click) - nothing happens. When I roll over it it will tell me that services are running and that's it.

Where can we report bugs like this?

Posted by: wsgator (---.ip.xmission.com)
Date: December 06, 2007 06:54PM

I also have Vista Ultimate x64 fresh install and have the same problem of a non responding task icon.

Date: December 06, 2007 07:08PM

so this is a bug then!

Do any of the creater of the wampserver read this forum as i thought they would of put in there word by now

Date: December 06, 2007 07:16PM

I would imagine that there should be some place where you could report bugs, however after briefly looking through the website I could not find anything. This almost looks like it's a very closed project and there is no way to leave feedback...

Also, it seems so far that the problem is isolated to 64-bit edition of Vista. I would appreciate some feedback from the developers (here is to hope that they read the forums).

Date: December 06, 2007 07:39PM

i hope they do resolve it as i have always used wamp and i dont want to have to find another server just because i have upgraded to vista 64,

i havent ever had any problems with wamp until now

Posted by: eddie (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: December 06, 2007 11:41PM

Just to confirm that this looks like a genuine bug (rather than a problem with isolated installations) because I am also having exactly the same problem in Vista64 Home Premium.

As with the other posters above I have installed wampserver on a fresh copy of Windows so there is definitely no conflict with an older version. The software installed fine and it runs without error .... apart from the taskbar icon problem.

Another problem I having is that I cannot access pages on the server from other machines on my network (I receive a permission error), however this is my first attempt at using wampserver so I don't know if that is another problem with it running on Vista64 or just a default setting of the software.

I look forward to an update because this server looks very promising compared to other solutions I've used in the past.

Cheers - Ed

Date: December 07, 2007 01:04AM

eddie Wrote:

> Another problem I having is that I cannot access
> pages on the server from other machines on my
> network (I receive a permission error), however
> this is my first attempt at using wampserver so I
> don't know if that is another problem with it
> running on Vista64 or just a default setting of
> the software.

I do believe that by default WAMP server ships in 'offline' mode - meaning you only have access from the local machine. I think you have to use the taskbar utility to change that, which of course we (the people with Vista x64) cannot use smiling smiley.

Posted by: eddie (---.dsl.pipex.com)
Date: December 07, 2007 08:42AM

aszlej Wrote:

> I do believe that by default WAMP server ships in
> 'offline' mode - meaning you only have access from
> the local machine. I think you have to use the
> taskbar utility to change that, which of course we
> (the people with Vista x64) cannot use smiling smiley.

I looks like you're right; it only took a little change to httpd.conf though and now it's accessible over my network.

Date: December 07, 2007 07:44PM

It seems that the developers did not see this thread yet... sad smiley.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a nice server package (comparable to Wamp) that will work under Vista x64? I will continue using Wamp on my 32 bit machine, but I wish I could also use it on my 64 bit desktop ;(.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.