Just installed wamps on xp sp2. No action
Posted by: dadster (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: November 29, 2007 09:50PM

I am new to this and am wondering if anyone knows why i can't open up wampserver. I downloaded it no problem and when i go to double click the shortcut nothing happens at all.
I am running XP sp2 and just formated my drive. everything is running fine. EXCEPT WAMPS.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.....

Dadster

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Just installed wamps on xp sp2. No action
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 30, 2007 03:45PM

Check in right bottom corner to see if having wamp tray icon as seen in this screenshot

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: dadster (---.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com)
Date: December 03, 2007 03:46AM

Thanks for the reply Friend,
I have no Tray icon for wamps for some strange reason. I have since unistalled it and manually loaded PHP. I have no prob comunicating PHP and IIS. I have downloaded MySQL and have it runnung. I can create a database bla bla bla. I amd having a little trouble getting PHP and MySQl to hook up. I think that it is a firewall issue. I haven't really dove into it since i downloaded it.
I don't really know anything about WAMPS but it seems pretty cool. Any other suggestiongs would be great pal. I have read some of your posts and you seem like a very knowledgable person. It is very good of you to help out like you do. Keep up the good work man....

Dadster

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: December 03, 2007 05:41AM

I have no prob comunicating PHP and IIS
IIS and Apache are both web server and run on port 80, so you should disable iis for this wamp to run; if you're more comfortable w/ iis, then you should keep working w/ those php and mysql add-on

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.