Passwords/connection to local network
Posted by: bertil (82.196.115.---)
Date: November 25, 2007 11:09AM

Hello
I have created a coded password to the WAMP server in accordance with the WAMP manual by "CyberSpatium", which by the way I think is very well written. When I try to log in with this password, however, it wont work unless I write it the coded form. Any idea of what went wrong?

I have also tried to make the server accessible on the local network (again by following the excellent manual) without success.

I'd be most thankful for any kind of hint

Bertil

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Passwords/connection to local network
Posted by: CyberSpatium (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2007 11:33AM

what exactly do you mean by "coded form"???

Configuring Apache to Work over your Network:

Try to find the IP address of the computer that the web server is installed on. On Windows type ipconfig in a command box. You should then be able to look at the site from another computer in the same network by typing [xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx] where the x represents your IP address. For example, on my computer (Windows XP) I type in:
ipconfig

I get:
Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :
IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.10
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.1

I can then access the web server by typing:
http://192.168.1.10/sites

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2007 11:35AM by CyberSpatium.

Re: Passwords/connection to local network
Posted by: gegala (---.dsl.eulstx.swbell.net)
Date: December 12, 2007 09:19PM

Guys,

Hello All. I have several questions:

1) Where is the "config.inc.php" file located? Believe me I searched my wamp\www directory in vain. You see, I was trying to set my password for the first time in WAMP5.

2) I am trying to build a community type website where people can upload photos and write emails to each other within the site (members-only kind of thing). I need a lot of good scripts to do this well-image upload scripts, chat scripts, forum scripts, email-scripts. Also, I am not sure how to set up databases specific to these kind of scripts. I have done some database setting before but not at applications level. Lots of data involved and lots of security issues to be preempted.

3) I would like to run a server from my home. I am specifically attracted to using the Apache, PHP5, MySQL combo. a) can I use regular pc for a server or do I need a special machine or machines to handle this? I have already installed Apache, MySQL and PHP5 on one both my pcs, one a linux machine and another a windows xp pc. b) regarding email and picture databases, should these be stored on separate machines or just different databases within the same machine?

4) Has anyone out there used Joomla to build a live website from beginning to end and for commercial purposes? Please let me know your experiences.

I am sorry to be so long winded but I have spent the sleepless months looking for this information. I would appreciate if you could use plain language and clear pointers and not assume a lot.

Thanks in advance.

Gegala.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.