upload to mysql
Posted by: clearchannel (---.sip.bct.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 24, 2007 07:36PM

When like when using ssh, I would like to upload a rather large database with over 125 tables to run in mysql. On my server I would normally using the following syntax

mysql: -uroot -p databasename </home/virtual/site/var/fst/www/dump/(stored database name).sql

I can not seem to figure out either the syntax or the proper way to copy the files to the new database in wamp.

Your assistance is greatly appericated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2007 01:40AM by clearchannel.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: pload to mysql
Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 24, 2007 10:16PM

Left click on wamp tray icon, mysql, mysql console, then run the syntax:

-uroot -p databasename <c:/wamp/www/dump/(stored database name).sql

Make sure you've already had folder dump in c:/wamp/www

Alternately, to backup and restore db you can use phpmyadmin which is much easier to memorize syntaxes

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Re: upload to mysql
Date: November 24, 2007 11:00PM

I appericate the assistance. I did try using that syntax before posting but that doesn't work either. Is there something I am missing during the configuration?

The mysql concole requires a password so I set one up via phpmyadmin and by editing the config.php could I have possibly missed something there?

The database is 570+ megs, and over 125 tables so phpmyadmin is out of the question as well.

Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: November 25, 2007 10:32AM

Hi,

Your syntx looks all right, I have used it for databases up to 30 megs. Have you tried MySQL Administrator from MySQL? It is available as an add-on from this site, plus also from MySQL, look for the Community Edition.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Posted by: jw_k (---.net-you.de)
Date: November 25, 2007 11:00AM

you may want to look at [mysqldumper.de]

Date: November 25, 2007 03:30PM

I've taken a look at mysqldumper and it shows a great deal of promise. The only problem I have with using it for this situation is that I dumped the database from a production server using the dump direct to file instead of memory so it stalls at one of the larger tables midway through the database.

mysqldump will not work either on a database of just over 3megs so I feel the problem lies within the program. Is there a file path or something I may have missed to edit. I can see no other reason the mysql functions should not work.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.