Apache Isn't Working
Posted by: organicjar (---.lightspeed.sntcca.sbcglobal.net)
Date: November 24, 2007 04:43AM

Hi, When I installed WampServer 2.0a I had to install it in a different directory then c:/ I had to install it in h:/ I think this is causing some problems. Does anyone know what I can do, or if this isn't the problem. I'm not able to access my localhost, and I also don't think Apache is running. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Apache Isn't Working
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: November 24, 2007 06:06PM

No mater what drive you have wamp as long as it's not network drive, it should works, but make sure to enable port 80 in all firewalls and routers for wamp to work

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (Moderator)
Date: November 25, 2007 11:50AM

does wamp say all services running or just one service running? because of compatibly issues make sure you do not have any other versions of apache installed. also make sure port 80 is enabled in your firewall and apache is enabled to access permissions in windows filewall. if you have windows xp pro or windows 2003 make sure microsofts webserver IIS is not running. both iis and apache use port 80, so if that port is being used by some other process apache will not start. also make sure if you have skype, since it also uses port 80 that it is not running when you are using apache or it too will cause apache to not start.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP Forum Admin

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: aschon (---.cl.ri.cox.net)
Date: November 25, 2007 09:17PM

I'm having a similar issue. I'm running Windows XP Pro. I installed to F:/Program Files/wamp. IIS is disabled, and I have the following error message in Event Viewer when I attempt to start Apache:

The Apache service named reported the following error:
>>> <Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/icons"> path is invalid. .

I cannot find where that setting is in the conf files. Any ideas?

Posted by: yfastud (Moderator)
Date: November 26, 2007 02:17PM

Directory "C:/Program Files/Apache Software Foundation/Apache2.2/icons"> path is invalid. .
Based on your error message, you must had another apache installed before; you should uninstall, delete its root folder, clean its registry in order for this wamp to work

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/26/2007 02:29PM by yfastud.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.