Conflicts with Windows Home Server
Posted by: mikemick (---.167.8.67.cfl.res.rr.com)
Date: November 19, 2007 05:15PM

I just added a Windows Home Server machine to my network, and installed the connector software to this computer, and now a week later I started work on a web project only to see my WAMP server (which is installed on this computer) is offline. I am assuming WHS is to blame for this. Does anyone know how I can temporarily disable my Windows Home Server, or does anybody else have a solution to get my WAMP server back up and running? I am using Windows Vista Ultimate.

UPDATE - I have reinstalled WAMP server. I have gone to my Windows admin panel and stopped services on "Windows Home Server Connector". I have shut down my Windows Home Server machine. Still no luck on getting WAMP server working.

Post Edited (11-19-07 17:38)

-Mike McLin

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Conflicts with Windows Home Server
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: November 19, 2007 06:24PM

Did you try to change listen 80 to 81 in httpd.conf locating in c:/wamp/apache2/conf? Make sure to restart wamp to take effect and enable port 81 in all firewalls and routers, then access as follows:

[localhost]

Have fun,

[test.jlbn.net] (Sample Test Codes for PHP, MySQL, SQLite, ASP.net, SQL, JSP)
[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Date: November 19, 2007 06:39PM

I changed the httpd.conf, and updated my firewall. Same thing happens. Maybe I should clarify... I am able to get to the localhost homepage. (before and after I changed the port).

The message I am getting when I hover over the WAMP icon in my taskbar is "WAMP5 - All services running - server Offline"

Thanks so much for trying to help me, it is greatly appreciated!

Post Edited (11-19-07 18:52)

-Mike McLin

Date: November 19, 2007 06:58PM

OK, I think I might be a complete moron. My phpMyAdmin is now working. The name of my Windows Home Server machine is "server". Is the WAMP icon in the taskbar telling me that "server" (my WHS machine) is offline? Anyways, everything appears to be working now. I will run some more tests and see if I find any conflicts with Windows Home Server and WAMP. I'll report anything I find in this post for future reference. Thanks for your help smiling smiley

-Mike McLin

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: November 19, 2007 07:01PM

When wamp in off-line mode, only you can access wamp, when switch to on-line mode, wamp can access from both local and global

Have fun,

[test.jlbn.net] (Sample Test Codes for PHP, MySQL, SQLite, ASP.net, SQL, JSP)
[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Date: November 19, 2007 07:09PM

I have both Windows Home Server and WAMP working perfectly together now on my computer. I am not sure what the issue was, but I am starting to think it was a weird isolated experience that had nothing to do with WHS. All is well (for now), and I just want to thank yfastud for your quick responses.

-Mike McLin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.