Helpme Sendmail on XP,Wampserver
Posted by: amitmadhra (---.247.210.221.delhi-dynamic-bb.vsnl.net.in)
Date: November 15, 2007 10:31PM

Hi all,
I just installed WampServer on XpSP2 box, problem is the code below from php.ini.
Can anyone tell me where/how to put the details of my gmail account so that I can recieve emails sent using Wamp on my gmail account.

; For Win32 only.
SMTP = smtp.gmail.com

; For Win32 only.
sendmail_from = mymailisemail@gmail.com

; For Unix only. You may supply arguments as well (default: "sendmail -t -i"winking smiley.
;sendmail_path =

; Force the addition of the specified parameters to be passed as extra parameters
; to the sendmail binary. These parameters will always replace the value of
; the 5th parameter to mail(), even in safe mode.
;mail.force_extra_paramaters =

Thanks all
Amit

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Helpme Sendmail on XP,Wampserver
Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: November 16, 2007 09:34AM

Hi,

Will you be permitted to use gmail's SMTP server for forwarding? Most probably not. In the php.ini file you should use the SMTP server name or IP address of your ISP's mail server through which you would normally send messages from a mail client in your network.

Where you put your email address mymailbox@gmail.com depends on the application that will be sending the messages. Usually the administrator's email address and the Reply-To address is configured as part of the installation of a CMS application.

If you are 'rolling your own', using e.g. mail() or phpmailer to send the emails, you need to supply the details in your own application when the application prepares the email for sending.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.