WAMP and MS SQL Server
Posted by: Minding (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: November 14, 2007 05:54PM

Hey,

I've got Microsoft's SQL Express running on my system and I'm in the process of installing WAMP (yay!)

SQL Express has LOCALHOST locked up so I'm planning to use LOCALHOST:81 for WAMP unless WAMP installation is smart enough to figure this out for itself. Do I need to specify during the installation?

At the moment I'm sitting at the message "Please enter the SMTP server to be used by PHP to send emails ..." I use Outlook so I don't plan on using this, but the question remains -- do I specify LOCALHOST:81 or will WAMP figure this out since EXPRESS SQL is running.

Thank you kindly.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP and MS SQL Server
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: November 14, 2007 06:10PM

Check my old post here:

[wampserver.com]

Have fun,

[test.jlbn.net] (Sample Test Codes for PHP, MySQL, SQLite, ASP.net, SQL, JSP)
[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Date: November 14, 2007 06:30PM

Ah. Thank you.

So WAMP installation doesn't figure this out itself and I should use 3306. Ok, I will do this.

Date: November 14, 2007 08:57PM

Ok. Here's the thing. I couldn't get it working with 3306, but it's up and running at 81 (modifying HTTPD and WAMPMANAGER.INI). (Yup, I rebooted after making the changes.)

All's well? Not yet.

I created a MySQL database using PHPMYADMIN, right? Now I need to connect to it using Dreamweaver (CS3):

Connection name: connMinding
MySQL server: localhost:81
Username: root
Password:

Only when I hit the SELECT button, DW goes off to test the database connection, takes forever doing it, and then I get a server timeout message. Since the server is up and running, the message gives an alternative that suggesting the ODBC DSN doesn't exist on the testing server.

So what's up with that?

Anybody else succeeded where I have not yet succeeded?

Thanks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.