Some stange gray block, help?
Posted by: Drusila (---.bredband.skanova.com)
Date: November 03, 2007 07:03PM

I am working on a site where I need php but the problem is that when I start wamp and look at the site on localhost it turns out like this:

[i13.photobucket.com]
(copy and paste in browser)

As you can see on the screencap image a big gray box is covering my layout this box is only visible when I watch my site through the php localhost thing. I have tried this with my site with both .php ending and .html ending and both times this grey box shows up what is wrong, please help me out.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Some stange gray block, help?
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: November 05, 2007 02:51AM

you can only have php files with a php extension. anything else and the php code will not get parsed by apache.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: November 05, 2007 02:42PM

i don't think anything wrong w/ wamp but your browser settings, so try it w/ different browser to see if still having same problem

Have fun,

[test.jlbn.net] (Sample Testing Codes for PHP, MySQL, ASP.net, SQL, JSP)
[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP & Add-ons)

Posted by: Drusila (---.bredband.skanova.com)
Date: November 06, 2007 06:17PM

I get the same result with the grey both in firefox and IE, and I tried doing my site with .php but when I try to look at it through my localhost it the It can´t be found window comes up eventhough I type the right search way.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.