using domxml ??
Posted by: chaluwa (217.20.251.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 11:26AM

Hello people, just joined this forum, and need help seriously on an application I am working on currently. The problem is that the ISP account that was purchased for the site runs on PHP4, but I developed the site with PHP5 using its standard Dom API to generate xml strings, convert to json on the client and do further processing. Now I am having problems downgrading to PHP4's domxml.

I wrote similar code (for the xml processing) in PHP4 using domxml after reading some docs and tutorials, please how can I test this code on my WAMP5 development environment??

I tried to enable domxml in my WAMP5 development environment by doing this :
click on WAMP5 tray icon -> PHP settings -> PHP extensions ->
php_domxml
and observed the service restarting, and then ran the following code :
<?php
$doc = domxml_new_doc("1.0"winking smiley;
$node = $doc->create_element("para"winking smiley;
$newnode = $doc->append_child($node);
$newnode->set_attribute("align", "left"winking smiley;

$xmlStr = $doc->dump_mem(true);
print $xmlStr;
?>
and got the following error message :

Warning: domnode::append_child() expects parameter 1 to be object, null given in C:\wamp\www\testdomxml.php on line 4

Fatal error: Call to a member function set_attribute() on a non-object in C:\wamp\www\testdomxml.php on line 5

The code seems correct (by my understanding), and a rewrite of the code using PHP5's DOM works fine on a normal WAMP5 setting.
With the above error message, the problems seems to me that the $node object is not even initialized, thus I think it has to do with my WAMP5 domxml settings.
Please how do I setup my WAMP5 environment so I can develop and run tests with PHP4's domxml and upload once to the ISP server.

Thanks,
Charles Odili
University of Benin,
Nigeria

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.