apache2.2.4@win2000 bug
Posted by: jdvb (---.solcon.nl)
Date: October 25, 2007 10:04AM

Hi,

I ran into the apache2.2.4@win2000 bug thus my access log tells me only the ip 0.0.0.0 has accessed any of my pages.

What I want is to get wamp to only allow access from certain IP's and block out all the rest.
Only local adresses and my home IP for configuration purposes and my remote webserver for its purpose.

I have set it up to only listen to port 443. The goal is to get an in- and ex- port going of data that my local wamp installation has access to, and I want to share that to my webserver.

However direct access to this information by anyone but my webserver or myself for testing and configuration I do not want at all.

What is the best workaround? I have used the web developer suite for the ease of configuration for the SSL, and would overwriting the installation directory files with apache 2.2.3 files solve my problem (keeping the httpd.conf)?

Or should I resort to only using these restrictions based upon $_SERVER['HTTP_HOST'] and then serving a custom page "access denied"?

with kind regards,
Jonathan

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: apache2.2.4@win2000 bug
Posted by: jw_k (---.net-you.de)
Date: October 25, 2007 11:37AM

I stopped apache and made a backup of the apache folder (just in case winking smiley Then I copied all 2.2.6 files from [www.apachelounge.com] over the old 2.2.4 ones. The issue went away immediately after restart (No warranty though!)

Date: October 25, 2007 12:01PM

thanks,

will try that soon

Date: October 25, 2007 02:35PM

Now when I trie to start the service I get some error that I should see the systemlog for more details.

This error I get when I try and start the service from services.msc when I run the command httpd.exe -k runservice I get no errors, but it won't start either

Systemlog, where do I find that one?
And better yet, what could have gone wrong?

PS. restoring my backup does still work

Date: October 25, 2007 03:29PM

tried it again, now it did work Wheey grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.