WAMP for all users
Posted by: fatmailer (---.lut.ac.uk)
Date: October 15, 2007 11:32AM

Hi,

I have just installed WAMP and it works great in admin account. But when I use user account, neither Apache or MySQL can be used.

Could anyone show me some guide to use WAMP by user account?

Thank you very much

Fat

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP for all users
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: October 30, 2007 07:03PM

you need admin level privileges to run apache and mysql

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Re: WAMP for all users
Posted by: toivo (203.19.130.---)
Date: October 31, 2007 10:36AM

Hi,

Both the Apache and MySQL server run as a service under Windows. If you look at the Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Services, you will find that both wampapache and wampmysqld log in as the Local System account.

It is necessary to have administrative privilege to access the WAMP icon in the System Tray, but as long as the PC is running, Apache and MySQL servers run without anyone having to be logged in, because they run as services.

If you use MySQL from the command line, you need to have a username and password to at least one of the databases. The same applies to PHP command line interface (CLI) scripts, if they access database tables - the script will need to present the username and the password to the MySQL server in the connect() command.

Regards,

toivo
Sydney, Australia

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.