Question and new user comments
Posted by: eatswombats (---.bethere.co.uk)
Date: October 05, 2007 10:19AM

Q. "Your PHP MySQL library version differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.45. This may cause unpredictable behavior"

Is this something I need to be concerned about?

I am running WAMP on Windows XP with PHP4 just to host a local backup/test copy of my wordpress site. I had MySQL installed and previously XAMPPlite, which didn't quite work (certainly not remotely as well as WAMPserver).

Comments

WAMP seems to be a terrific solution. I came to it after getting frustrated to the back teeth trying to get things working with Vista (individually installed components, working with IIS7; I had it working then it stopped and I decided I couldn't spend more time on it. Same experience on XP with Apache 2.2 and PHP5 problems. Wamp just worked out of the box.)

This forum should be running on something better with a search capability.

The documentation should be in a wiki (pmwiki is good).

Seems there are many good tips in the forum and links that could be extracted to some wiki pages.

Wordpress would make a nice optional install--and would likely drive up wamp use CONSIDERABLY. It wouldn't take much to make it even easier with a script to create a table and import a blog. The only other tools I use are Beyond Compare from [www.scootersoftware.com] and webdrive from South River Technologies (http://www.southrivertech.com), this allows perfect synchronization of local and remote sites (netdrive is a free, though less capable, version of webdrive that can be found with Google).

FYI I had some problems with PHP5 and Wordpress plugins so ended up looking again at the Wamp page in Wikipedia (my hosting provider uses PHP4) to see if there was a PHP4 WAMP. I was happy to end up back here.

Cheers
EW
[wombatdiet.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Question and new user comments
Posted by: jw_k (---.net-you.de)
Date: October 05, 2007 05:49PM

>Your PHP MySQL library version differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.45
--8<--
>Is this something I need to be concerned about?
Search your drive(s) for libmysql . Maybe there is an old version in the search path. If the versions don't differ too much you can ignore the warning.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.