Problem with opening PHP files
Posted by: Kanon (---.ip.tiscali.nl)
Date: September 26, 2007 09:26PM

I'm using WAMP for some time now, and only have used some HTML pages. But now, I want to use PHP, but my FireFox AND Internet Explorer want to download the PHP file, and not open it. Even my FireFox wants to open the PHP page with Microsoft PictureIT! confused smiley

So, what's gone wrong, and what can I do to solve this problem?

Greets,
A beginning PHP programmer, who's native language isn't English.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problem with opening PHP files
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 26, 2007 10:46PM

make sure you do not try to open the files directly. use [localhost] - also make sure apache is running and you put your files in c:\wamp\www folder. since you are a newbie, check out my wamp newbie tutorial/manual (link to manual is in my forum signature)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: September 27, 2007 08:50AM

Strange problem... I uninstalled WAMP server and deleted all directory's and stuff and reinstalled the server (a couple of versions newer compared with the version I used before). Now, everything seems to work correct.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 27, 2007 12:23PM

when you uninstall wamp it leaves some traces behind. so you needed to delete those traces and do a fresh install to get it to work

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: September 27, 2007 01:54PM

I deleted the complete c:\wamp folder... isn't that enough?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.