Wamp5 home server
Posted by: McKnight (---.adsl.net.t-com.hr)
Date: September 26, 2007 02:36PM

Hello!

I just have a small question. I've installed WAMP5, gave it permittion on my Firewall, forwareded port 80 on my router and when I enter my IP address in the browser it connect to my PC and I get the WAMP5 menu with the projects and everything.

Now, I don't want people to see that menu when I'm hosting a certain website, I want it to go directly to the website. How can I do that?

Thanks in advance,
McKnight

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp5 home server
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 26, 2007 09:19PM

wamp is not designed for being used in a production environment. it comes with no security in place at all. just because you use a firewall does mean you will not get hacked. a firewall will not protect you from sql injection, cross site scripting and other issues.

>I don't want people to see that menu when I'm hosting a certain website
put your own index.php file in c:\wamp\www

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: September 26, 2007 10:29PM

Yes I understand that... I do not want to host any serrious websites for usages. I just want to use it so I can show my clients (I'm into webdesign) what I've made and then take it offline.

I have another problem... when I allow people to connect from the internet to a certain website, all of the images on that website get loaded from localhost/website in stead of ipaddress/website.

Do you know any way I can fix that?

THanks

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 26, 2007 10:44PM

are you using windows 2000?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: September 27, 2007 12:34AM

I'm using Win XP Professional.

Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: September 27, 2007 01:28AM

Now, I don't want people to see that menu when I'm hosting a certain website, I want it to go directly to the website. How can I do that?

It depends on how you set it up.

Actually, I've got a very good trick that allow me, and only me, to edit and maintain MySQL from anywhere, no matter it's local or global, but I consider myself a very clumsy coder; therefore, I'd like to wait a little more time to see how "experts" handle this before I post.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP and Add-ons)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.