mailserver
Posted by: alecvannoten (---.access.telenet.be)
Date: September 26, 2007 09:33AM

anyone knows a mailserver to run on my compputer?

a free one plz!

www.alecvannoten.be

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mailserver
Posted by: Kanon (---.ip.tiscali.nl)
Date: September 26, 2007 09:27PM

You could use SquirrelMail. It's open source, easy and free! But do have a SMTP server running?

And maybe it's useful to post a link... > [www.squirrelmail.org]

(waarom doe ik dit eigenlijk in t Engels? lol)

Post Edited (09-26-07 21:31)

Re: mailserver
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 26, 2007 09:32PM

wamp comes with no security in place at all. putting an unsecured smtp server on your personal computer is a terriable idea. if you need to use email with wamp, you can program email functionally into your scripts using the php class called phpmailer.

[phpmailer.sourceforge.net]

just uploading this class to your website will not get it to work. you need to program your php scripts to use this class. i used this class to help program the contact us form on my mortgage website clarifyloans.com.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.