IIS after WAMP
Posted by: SnefIT (---.upc-h.chello.nl)
Date: September 21, 2007 12:22PM

Hi,

Before re-installing my pc, I had IIS and WAMP running together. Both on port 80, only one active at the time. Worked like a charm!

Now I reinstalled my pc (win xp pro) and installed WAMP. Works ok. Then I install IIS (5.0) and disable it. After reboot, Apache won't start anymore!!!

I also tried to use another port on IIS, but Apache still doesn't want to start. Why was it working before???

What to install first? IIS or WAMP? Can somebody help me? (i read the FAQ though)

SnefIT

PS. no skype running, also portcheck tells me the port 80 is not used.

Post Edited (09-21-07 12:28)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: IIS after WAMP
Posted by: Ron (---.upc-e.chello.nl)
Date: September 23, 2007 10:52PM

Today I changed from IIS to WAMP. I did not want to remove IIS before I had WAMP running. I had some trouble getting WAMP to work on port 80. I got it working after using the IIS Lockdown Tool. May be this tool will also solve your problem. Give it a try.

[www.microsoft.com]

Re: IIS after WAMP
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 26, 2007 10:21PM

seems iis is set to start automatically when you start your computer. you need to set it to manual.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.