wamp 1.7.3 > error php.ini parsing & tray errors
Posted by: Bulle Bas (---.solcon.nl)
Date: September 07, 2007 04:52PM

I have some really strange troubles with wamp 1.7.3
I installed wamp under a administrator account in C:\Program Files (x86)\wamp
Everything went fine. I use winxp prof 64 bit

I. In my normal account [with limited rights]:

* changing the language preference via the tray menu results in 6 serially appearing error dialogs:
| Error parsing C:\Program Files (x86)\wamp\php\php.ini on line 339
| ________________________________________________________

* Now when I wanted to start the services, the tray icon signals that no services started. But actually httpd.exe en mysqld.exe are started and the server works.

II. In the administrator account:

* changing the language preference via the tray menu results in the same 6 serially appearing error dialogs
* Now when I want to start the services, the tray icon signals that only mysql started.
UPDATE: apache is now also correctly signalled

Line 339 from php.ini:
error_log = C:/Program Files (x86)/wamp/logs/php_error.log

This file exists actually.

This wamp distribution feels buggy with these experiences.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp 1.7.3 > error php.ini parsing & tray errors
Posted by: Bulle Bas (---.solcon.nl)
Date: September 07, 2007 10:56PM

After a lot of investigation, i found the possible causes

> changing the language preference via the tray menu results in 6 serially appearing
> error dialogs

I uninstalled wampserver, removed directory, removed all references from registry. I reinstalled the program into c:\wamp [the ugly default]
No more error dialogs [might be related to parenthesis in error_log file name.

> Now when I want to start the services, the tray icon signals that only mysql started.

I use nod32 as antivirus, so I added httpd.exe to the exceptions in the IMON module of nod32.
launching httpd from the command line gave me some errors from the virtual hosts that are loaded from a separate file. Some paths were incorrect. After relaunching apache complains about some virtual hosts pointing to nonexistent locations. Before it was not a problem, but with this install Apache seems to be a bit more cosy. Fixed it.
Now it launches under Administrator account!!!

Launching it with limited righs [as a normal user] was no succes. Only the wampmanager got loaded. Launching it with different credentials didn't help either.
So I switched to Admin user and allowed the following programs to run as non-administrator:
httpd.exe
php.exe
php-win.exe
php-cgi.exe
mysql.exe
mysqld-nt.exe

I did so by right-clicking on these files, choosing properties, choosing compatability and ticking on "Allow non-administrators to run this program"
Switching back to normal user I launced wamp as an Administrator. [Right click on link, choose Run as...] This works!!!!

Hope this might help someone.
Hope that the devs will fix these issues! Please leave a reply that this is on your radar

Post Edited (09-07-07 23:04)

Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: September 08, 2007 09:00AM

Hi,

concerning the non admin user problem, this is normal, you need to have admin rights to manage services.
Concerning the 6 error messages, I don't have this problem on my computer even when installing in program files.

Sorry not to be able to help you more.

By the way, WAMP5 1.7.3 should be the last of the wamp5 branch. I'm actually working on WampServer 2.0 which should be out before the end of this year so be patient and you should have a nice surprise ;-)

Romain

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 09, 2007 07:58AM

roms wrote:

> By the way, WAMP5 1.7.3 should be the last of the wamp5 branch.
> I'm actually working on WampServer 2.0 which should be out
> before the end of this year so be patient and you should have a
> nice surprise ;-)

cant wait smiling smiley could you tell us what to expect in that release?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: roms (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: September 09, 2007 11:19AM

Surprise surprise ;-)

You'll all get soon more info on WampServer 2.0

Romain

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.