Help: #1045 again
Posted by: Albert Hartveld (194.151.106.---)
Date: September 05, 2007 11:09AM

Hi,

I read the previous messages about error 1045 and the manual and still could not solve my problem, but I did find a workaround

I had an old version of Wamp and now installed 1.7.3.
When I go to [localhost] I get:

#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I did not change anything in the settings out of the box.

I have uninstalled everything, reinstalled, rebooted, removed directories to make a clean start and nothing helps.

If I look throug mysql in the phpmyadmin database, I see in the user table a user root without a password.

What am I doing wrong?

The workaround:
When I get the error message in the lower right corner there is a link to open a new window. This link does give access to phpmyadmin.

Something seems to be wrong, and even if I can get around it, I would like to know what is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help: #1045 again
Posted by: Fedex (147.162.66.---)
Date: September 05, 2007 11:20AM

Hi,
First You have to set pwd for mysql,
(mysqladmin -u root -p password yourmysqlpassword
Enter password: (actual is blank =>hit return)
)
and then put "http" in config.inc.php
something like

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'http';
// Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = 'yourpwd';
// MySQL password (only needed with 'config' auth_type)
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

you can leave even blank pwd here if you use http, everytime you'll be asked for user and pwd;......
or you use 'config' in $cfg[..]['auth_type'] and you have to specify yourpwd in $cfg[..]['password']

let me know if it's ok.

Have fun....

Posted by: Albert Hartveld (194.151.106.---)
Date: September 05, 2007 02:24PM

hi,
Thx for you response.
I am running this under XP. I do not have a 'mysqladmin', so how do I change the passwd.
It is blank now, so I think it should work and it does work with the workaround I described.
I just don't understand what is the matter.

In my config.inc.php I have:
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['auth_type'] = 'config'; // Authentication method (config, http or cookie based)?
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['user'] = 'root'; // MySQL user
$cfg['Servers'][$i]['password'] = ''; // MySQL password (only needed
// with 'config' auth_type)

I would think this is OK?

Re: Help: #1045 no pwd?
Posted by: Fedex (83.225.224.---)
Date: September 06, 2007 12:01AM

hi,
maybe phpmyadmin do not allow you to enter without a pdw....
...not for sure, never tried,
if you DONT want to set the password, I think I can't help you, sorry

You can find mysqladmin.exe in any of theese [dev.mysql.com]

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: September 08, 2007 03:29AM

use phpmyadmin to add the password for the root user. the phpmyadmin section of my manual covers that. link to manual is in my sig.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: fimjox (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: September 16, 2007 12:15AM

I have been having the same problem with a password. I have had wampworking on this machine before and the new version works as a server. It is with Mysql 5_1.7.3 will not take the user root with no password. I have no idea what password to use. This is out of the box, no changes to anything. PHPMyAdmin has the same problem. I can't use MySQL no matter what I do, from the Wamp console, command line or PHPMyAdmin. always 1045 error. Are there are alternatives to Wamp? I tired TomCat and appear to have the same problem with MySQL.

I am running on XP and don't have mysqladmin (Why not?)

if I just type mysql it default logs me onto user: ODBC not root

Post Edited (09-16-07 00:21)

I figured it out (for me at least)
Posted by: fimjox (---.dsl.pltn13.pacbell.net)
Date: September 16, 2007 01:00AM

I was originally trying to get Java working with TomCat and installed from MySQL, MySQL separate I don't think that version of MySQL ever is invoked. Even though Wamp has it's own copy, it appears to use the MySQL I installed. I unisntalled it and still the same, I had to remove the \Program Files\MySQL\ folder, then it worked.

It would be nice if wamp used hte MySQL in it's folder and not another installation that isn't even being used.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.