HELP!! Mysql library version differs from server version
Posted by: mmikeyy (---.227-201-24.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: August 15, 2007 08:59PM

How can I get rid of the following message on the main screen of phpMyAdmin?

Your PHP MySQL library version 5.0.37 differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.41. This may cause unpredictable behavior.

I have been looking everywhere for a solution, and it seems that a function called "mysql_upgrade" could help. Could it?? And if so, where should one type that command to execute it??? It is described quite extensively in the documentation, but nowhere do they mention the context in which it can be used...

It seems that the mysql console only accepts sql commands. I don't see another console in my wamp 5 installation...

Thanks for any help!

****** update
I got apiece of advice from a reader: the mySQL version that comes with WAMP is a light one, it seems. That's why mysql_update is nowhere to be found even though it is mentioned in the doc. So... I downloaded a full version and extracted from it the file missing files that are included in *.exe format. When I executed mySQL_update, it said that it was upgrading everything to 5.0.45. So that's what was done, and I still get the same message about 5.0.37 and 5.0.41.

Post Edited (08-16-07 02:59)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HELP!! Mysql library version differs from server version
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2007 11:14AM

did you upgrade an older version of wamp to a newer one? the latest versions of wamp are not upgradeable. if you want to upgrade, you neeed to backup all your website files, uses phpmyadmin to export your mysql databases and data. then uninstall wamp, delete c:\wamp folder, restart pc, and install latest wamp. then put back all your website data and use phpmyadmin to get all your database data back.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 17, 2007 02:48AM

Thanks for the info.

Date: August 25, 2007 05:45PM

Finally, I succeeded at getting rid of this message. All I had to do is:

1- download the mysql files in zip form
2- compare the files mysql.exe, mysqldump.exe and mysqld-nt.exe in the zip file with the ones on the disk (in mysql/bin);
2- replace the ones that differ with the downloaded version.

In my case, it is the mysqld-nt.exe file that was different. I replaced it with the one from the zip file and the warning disappeared.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.