Phpmyadmin doesnt function
Posted by: Vendris (---.upc-j.chello.nl)
Date: August 07, 2007 02:29AM

Greetings,

Installed wamp 1.7.2 on win vista ultimate (dutch) with firefox 2.0.0.6 (latest)

I'm trying to add a new user so I go to Privileges > add new user.

Instead of giving me the box shown in the manual where I can fill in all stuff (username pass etc) it just seems to refresh the page doing absolutely nothing.

Also if I try to edit root, it doesnt do anything either, just seems to refresh the page.

I'v tried using internet explorer (7.0.6000.16473 latest) without luck.

Im running phpmyadmin in english language mode, running in dutch or german doesn't solve anything.

Post Edited (08-07-07 02:30)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phpmyadmin doesnt function
Posted by: Vendris (---.upc-j.chello.nl)
Date: August 07, 2007 01:25PM

found solution, however doesnt satisfy me.

according to apache error log:

[Tue Aug 07 13:14:20 2007] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (C:\\Users\\XXXX\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\php\\session) in Unknown on line 0

The save_path is set to d:/wamp/tmp and NOT c:\users!!

However if I create the folder php/session in the c:\users\xxxx\apdata\local\temp folder it DOES work fine!

PHP doesnt seem to change my save path sad smiley

Re: Phpmyadmin doesnt function
Posted by: webie (---.ph.ph.cox.net)
Date: August 07, 2007 07:31PM

I suggest you run it from the main drive. rules out possible bugs.

If you change a root directory for your site, its fine but try to keep all other directories on the C: drive and connected to their corresponding folders.
Like i said before, it helps rule out possible bugs/flaws or mistakes winking smiley

Hmmm.... a signature....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.