WAMP 5under Vista doesn't work
Posted by: vision4life (---.upc-d.chello.nl)
Date: August 01, 2007 08:51PM

On the internet I found an install manual for WAMP on Vista. However the WAMP manager in the system tray is already blocked. Even after trying and patiently waiting I got all services and server running. But even then I could not connect to localhost. Is this Vista security/incompatibility. Who has successfully installed WAMP Server on Vista?? Thanks for help.

Thanks, Fred

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: WAMP 5under Vista doesn't work
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: August 01, 2007 11:43PM

On the internet I found an install manual for WAMP on Vista.
That might be my site which is still in progress

Who has successfully installed WAMP Server on Vista??
More than 1 person for sure. I even have wamp on usb stick which can be run on either XP or Vista, but I didn't have time to test it on other OS yet

However the WAMP manager in the system tray is already blocked.
Email me if you can't figure out

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Date: August 02, 2007 09:01PM

Hello,

It is my third evening trying to get it working: here some more news, unfortunately no success:

Since I received a message that most WAMP packages don't support IPv6 yet, I looked for disabling it and run the more common IPv4:

Here is the page I used to disable IPv6:

[www.ipv6day.org]

When I ping now I get

C:\>ping localhost

Pinging my-home-pc [127.0.0.1] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 127.0.0.1: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 127.0.0.1:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

Instead of ::1: etc.

Nevertheless WAMP fails, even when I disable the firewall. This is my third evening fighting to get it to work.

My last, thus recent WAMP install is the e-novative package. I might uninstall it and try WAMPServer again, with the IPv4 setting.

Regards, Fred

Thanks, Fred

Date: August 02, 2007 10:06PM

Hurray,

Just uninstalled the e-novative WAMP package and ruggedly cleaned up the registry: looking for WAMP, Apache, MySQL and removing all keys.

I have noticed that both e-novative WAMP and WAMP5 (WAMPServer) both don't have proper uninstall. Before the uninstall I disabled the services of Apache and MySQL. Nevertheles the registry keys remained.

Subsequently I installed WAMP5 and followed the screenshots on [www.jlbn.net] and I was already nearly said, becasue I didn't get screenshot 10a, the situation with a dialog where you can grant access to Apache. So without such a dialog the install finished.

I opened localhost and got the WAMP startup screen.

Thanks for all your support, yfastud.

Regards, Fred

Thanks, Fred

Date: August 03, 2007 01:59AM

You're welcome

BTW, I've just updated that section

Have fun,

Date: August 04, 2007 10:49PM

Hello,

Next "challenge for me as newbie: how can I set up a mysql properly, so that I can used it for a local php-fusion website. I want to create a user (me) with a password, to have full access to a mysql database. Who can provide some commend lines I can use to create the user and grant full access to mysql on localhost? Thanks so very much!!!

Thanks, Fred

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 04, 2007 10:50PM

read the phpmyadmin section of my manual (link is in my sig)

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 06, 2007 04:44AM

Next "challenge for me as newbie: how can I set up a mysql properly, so that I can used it for a local php-fusion website.
This section is still in progress on my site

Have fun,

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.