wamp with these features
Posted by: colibrice (---.ip.fastwebnet.it)
Date: July 31, 2007 01:34AM

Hi
i need to install a local server with these features to be similar to the server i work online

versione Apache 1.3.37 (Unix)
Versione MySQL 4.0.27-standard-log
Versione PHP 4.4.7
Versione Perl 5.8.8

how can i obtain to have wamp with these features?
thnk you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wamp with these features
Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 01, 2007 01:28AM

find an older version of wamp at sourceforge.net

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 01, 2007 01:42AM

do you know which version is more similar to the configuration i search?

Date: August 01, 2007 01:47AM

no, i dont.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: August 01, 2007 01:52AM

thank you
do you think that same version of php is enough to be sure that what i test locally works also on line or i just need all three features to be the same?

Date: August 01, 2007 08:12PM

if you install the php4 addon, there wont be any problems, any versions of php 4 are compatible all versions of php4. if you keep php5, which is what the current version of wamp comes with you may run into some problems running code designed for php4 on php5. for the most part though, you should not have any issues. the only problem i can see is with mysql. you want to use mysql 4.x and the current version of wamp comes with mysql 5.x. the mysql developers changed a few things related to mysql user privileges that may cause a problem. If you get an error stating "Client does not support authentication protocol" use OLD_PASSWORD

more info
[dev.mysql.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.