Wamp5 1.7.2 are not compatibly with Invision forums
Posted by: DJ_MELERIX (---.cm.vtr.net)
Date: July 21, 2007 06:28PM

This happens with IPB forums...

With IPB 2.1.7 when the first step on installation... you get this error:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 432 bytes) in C:\wamp\www\foro\ips_kernel\class_xml.php on line 485

Yeh yeh I'm try to inscrease the memory in the php.ini but this not make any difference, the trouble continue.

The same happens with IPB 2.3.1 but in this case, the instalation is fine and some navigation afeter the installation is fine, but when you try to create a new post you get this trouble again... allowed memory size bla bla bla...

Yeh I have reported the errors on IPB technical forum, but they say that the trouble is no the IPB. They say that the trouble is my hosting (I'm not have hosting) or webserver software (Wamp5 1.7.2).

I have downgrade to rev 1.6.6 and now IPB 2.1.7 works fine 100% but the IPB 2.3.1 not working on this revision 0%

I need help about that :/

I like use the latest Wamp5 version with the latest IPB 2.3.1 forum or 2.1.7 but Wamp5 1.7.2 are not working for these forums versions :/

Any help ?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Wamp5 1.7.2 are not compatibly with Invision forums
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:27PM

open c:l\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini

find:
memory_limit = 16M

change to:
memory_limit = 32M

save the file and restart apache for the new setting to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: July 24, 2007 04:24AM

Yes, but not working. :/

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 24, 2007 07:45PM

sorry, just checked my post and made a typo:
open c:l\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini

should have been:
open c:\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini

did you restart apache after you made the changes?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Date: July 26, 2007 08:35PM

Excellent now is working fine with all versions winking smiley

Thank you man winking smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.