Im new... localhost error
Posted by: joejnknsn (---.dsl.rcsntx.swbell.net)
Date: July 17, 2007 08:32AM

Ok im not an idiot but what could be the problem with this error...

I go to [localhost] with no problem...

Then I try to go to [localhost] or [localhost]

Which are both in the correct directory and get this message...

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sqlitemanager/ on this server.

or

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /phpmyadmin/ on this server.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Im new... localhost error
Posted by: ltirc (---.prod-empresarial.com.mx)
Date: July 17, 2007 07:33PM

Hehe, by accident I got you same error, try the following:
->have you put you Wamp online? try do left click on the wamp icon in you task bar and see if the bottom option is put you server offline, it that's so then do it

otherwise try to restart all services, that most times helps.

hope you get it solved

Posted by: somiadiscon (124.43.225.---)
Date: July 18, 2007 09:25AM

i tryied unstalling and reinstalling nothings will happend, i just want to know why ?
other thing is SQLight Manager and phpAdmin also i can access
thanx

Post Edited (07-18-07 09:29)

Posted by: somiadiscon (124.43.225.---)
Date: July 18, 2007 09:49AM

now i got these erorrs

Warning: include(./include/config.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 52

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './include/config.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 52

Warning: include(./include/) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 110

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './include/' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 110

Warning: include(./mod_faq/lang/lang-mod_faq-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 111

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_faq/lang/lang-mod_faq-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 111

Warning: include(./mod_file/lang/lang-mod_file-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 112

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_file/lang/lang-mod_file-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 112

Warning: include(./mod_forum/lang/lang-mod_forum-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 113

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_forum/lang/lang-mod_forum-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 113

Warning: include(./mod_liens/lang/lang-mod_liens-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 114

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_liens/lang/lang-mod_liens-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 114

Warning: include(./mod_membre/lang/lang-mod_membre-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 115

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_membre/lang/lang-mod_membre-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 115

Warning: include(./mod_news/lang/lang-mod_news-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 116

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_news/lang/lang-mod_news-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 116

Warning: include(./mod_photos/lang/lang-mod_photos-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 117

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_photos/lang/lang-mod_photos-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 117

Warning: include(./mod_publicite/lang/lang-mod_publicite-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 118

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_publicite/lang/lang-mod_publicite-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 118

Warning: include(./mod_search/lang/lang-mod_search-) [function.include]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 119

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening './mod_search/lang/lang-mod_search-' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\Program Files\wamp\www\PortailPHP-v1.4\portailphp\index.php on line 119
Impossible to connect the server

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:55PM

have you edited anything in your httpd.conf file or any alias?

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: aWebMan (---.dsl.irvnca.pacbell.net)
Date: July 23, 2007 07:12AM

Amazing... I get the same 403 forbidden error...

I allowed the default settings during install.

Yes the server is online...

Last time I did this I used another program called ________ 1.8, I guess I'll have to find it again - as it worked immediately.

Thanks,
Eddie

p.s. Please don't tell me to read the manual - unless you are going to include the page #, since I would expect this to work right out of the box.

Cross Platform solutions designed and implemented

Posted by: blasius (---.osski.hu)
Date: July 24, 2007 02:07PM

I have an interestiting experience about in this problem.

When i setup the Wamp5 a computer, where the OS is w2k, SP4, this problem (localhost error) is exist.
BUT: when i setup an other machine, where the OS is WinXP, SP2, no problem, the Wamp5 functioning correctly.

What is the explain???
I don't undersand...

Posted by: raid_scsi (---.louisperry.com)
Date: July 24, 2007 05:54PM

Cyberspunk, DO NOT TELL ME TO READ YOUR SILLY MANUAL

I have the same 403 forbidden errors as everyone else, only for PHPMYADMIN and SQLiteManager.

I can access any web pages that I want, the server is online. However any link to [localhost]
[10.0.0.10]
[webserver.domain.com]
all return 403 forbidden

The Win32DisableAcceptEx is not relevant to this error.

I have added to httpd.conf :

<Directory "I:/wamp/phpmyadmin">
Options all
AllowOverride all
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from all
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from 10.0.0.10
Allow from localhost
Allow from webserver.domain.com
</Directory>

With this in the httpd.conf

[localhost] returns a 404 error
[10.0.0.10] returns a 403 error

How can this be?

Also, I have already had php, mysql and apache installed, I just thought that WAMP would be easier to setup.... Its not, because it doesnt work...

Date: July 24, 2007 05:55PM

blasius
Experimenting, I have a working copy of wamp on XP, and a failing copy on server 2003.

Of course I want it on the 2003 machine.... sad smiley

Post Edited (07-24-07 17:56)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 24, 2007 07:18PM

raid_scsi wrote:

> Cyberspunk, DO NOT TELL ME TO READ YOUR SILLY MANUAL
>

if you want to get some help, dont bite the hand that feeds you.if all the time if you had not added that silly little comment i would be helping you out right now. instead, you chose to berate me and then as for help. since it seems all the time i volunteer here everyday to help people out is not good enough for you (i do not get paid anything for the support I give on this site), go post on some other forum.

fly away little bird. do not post here anymore.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Posted by: blasius (---.adsl.datanet.hu)
Date: July 24, 2007 10:42PM

Hmm... its strange....
Maybe the problems are somewhere in the config.inc.php ???
Or must be write somthing new to the PATH?
I just guessing now...

Date: July 24, 2007 11:03PM

I get a 60% success rate if I add the line

listen 127.0.0.1:80 to httpd.conf

removing the extra entries in <Directory "I:/wamp/phpmyadmin"> makes little or no difference. I'm surprised as many people are having this problem as there are.

If you ping localhost what do you get?

I have mulitple web servers running using different IPs I have localhost remapped to 10.0.0.10(for wamp) by changing my hosts file.
c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\host (no extension) just open it with notepad and change
localhost 127.0.0.1 to localhost YOUR.LOCAL.SERVER.IP

This seems to work, but to many things depend on localhost resolving to 127.0.0.1.

As for Cyberspatium, I've read at least 2 threads where you say "Read my Guide" and your guide has almost no meaningful informaition about phpMyAdmin at all, especially when relevant to this specific error. In another thread you tell a guy that you wont help him because that would make a security flaw in his server, who cares this isnt for production anyway....

>
>i am not going to tell you how to do this, it is huge security risk.
>
>read my manual.

Your guide is great if you don't know how to install wamp, but we have all done that successfully. We need to get Apache to allow access to phpmyadmin from either localhost(127.0.0.1), or servername(10.0.0.10)

Posted by: JoeDaStudd (195.112.31.---)
Date: July 25, 2007 12:08PM

I have the same trouble, I've tried restarting the services, putting it online/offline.
Note it works on my XP machine, but not my 2000 machine.

Date: July 25, 2007 01:55PM

JoeDaStudd have you tried the Win32DisableAcceptEx thing? It did not work in Server 2003. Are you running 2000 Pro, or server?

I would surmise that the error is how the machine resolves "localhost" XP must do it differently than the other NT boxes. Apache is simply denying access to those folders because it doesn't know that we are on localhost.

Using something similar to this(this doesn't work...) we can allow access to phpmyadmin for more than just localhost, or even change the registered ip of localhost. I know that there is a line in the config.inc.php that tells that server where the MySQL server is, but not what address phpMyAdmin should use. As far as I know, phpMyAdmin should respond on any address allowed by Apache, that said I still don't have it working quite right, but at least I was able to import a simple database.

<Directory "I:/wamp/phpmyadmin">
Options all
AllowOverride all
Order Allow,Deny
Allow from 127.0.0.1
Allow from 10.0.0.10
Allow from localhost
Allow from webserver.domain.com
</Directory>

Posted by: Watchmanz (---.dsl.dyn.ihug.co.nz)
Date: August 12, 2007 04:02AM

I have exactly the same issue - brand new download of Wamp5 on Win Vista and all works well except for /phpmyadmin/ and /sqlitemanager/ where I get forbidden errors. The server is offline and I use [localhost]........ to try and access it, but it just keeps telling me I am forbidden to access it. I have User Account Security switched off and full permissions for my user account enabled in file security, but still I can't interact with it.

Could somebody give me some ideas here? I'm a newbie trying to learn the basics of this and I can't figure out why I shouldn't have access.

Posted by: mattr (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: August 12, 2007 10:44AM

I am getting the same permissions error when I try and run 1.7, 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 on windows 2000 server...phpadmin and mysqladmin both give access denied errors.

server 2k is a fresh install so dont blame the install...

Looks like 1.6 works great though... so something broke in the 1.7.x version on windows 2000 server....from the forums it seems this isnt the only platform affected...

so this is a MAJOR showstopper bug in this release....I recommend going backwards and installing 1.6.6 which works great

-Matt

Post Edited (08-12-07 10:55)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 12, 2007 12:02PM

you are getting these issues because you cannot upgrade an older version of wamp to a newer one. on the wamp main page it clearly states this. so, you need to back up your websites, backup any database tables and data if you have any you want to keep and uninstall wamp and then reinstall the newest wamp. you need to do a complete uninstall. first, backup any data, then run the wamp uninstaller. uninstall wamp, now delete the c:\wamp folder, restart pc, install the latest wamp.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory

Posted by: poelee (202.134.2.---)
Date: August 21, 2007 06:24PM

If you use win2k, try adding the following line in the httpd.conf:

<Directory>
Allow from 0.0.0.0
</Directory>

I think the problem occurs when trying to access from local computer. The problem is apache 2.2 on win2k identified the client ip as 0.0.0.0.

Hope this works.

It works fine for me.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 22, 2007 01:49AM

poelee wrote:

> If you use win2k, try adding the following line in the
> httpd.conf:
>
> <Directory>
> ...
> Allow from 0.0.0.0
> ...
> </Directory>
>
> I think the problem occurs when trying to access from local
> computer. The problem is apache 2.2 on win2k identified the
> client ip as 0.0.0.0.

nice one smiling smiley

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Clarify Loans

LaxGo Web Directory

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.