create a new password for 'root' user
Posted by: tubarao21 (---.cust.tele2.pt)
Date: July 16, 2007 04:41PM

Hello, there.

My problem is the same that a lot of people here.

I changed the 'root' user password in PhpMyAdmin, and i lost access to PhpMyAdmin.
When i changed the password, i remember that the 'root' user didn't show up among the other users. I'm saying this, because, when i gave the new password i selected an option in PhpMyAdmin, that was something like: "delete the old user and redefine priviledges", or something like this. I don't think i deleted the root user, but... i don't know. It didn't show up among the other users after setting the password, and in the next minute i couldn't access PhpMyAdmin.
Yes, i am totally inexperient.

Anyway, i can't get in PhpMyAdmin. I have the famous error: "#1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)"

I wrote the password in phpmyadmin/config.inc.php file, but still the same result.

So, as my memory isn't what it used to be, maybe the password wasn't the same that i define back in PhpMyAdmin. So i'm trying to set up a new password for root user and i don't know how. I don't have a clue.

Can you help me with this? thank you winking smileywinking smiley

My OS is XP Professional.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: create a new password for 'root' user
Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 16, 2007 04:53PM

You might be interested to check out my site for the idea

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Date: July 16, 2007 05:23PM

I have read your instruction's, but the problem is, MySql Console ask's me for a password, and i can' t remember it. I can't get in MySql Console.
I tryed the following, in Windows Services i stopped the wampmysqld service. In Startup Parameters i put the following line: --skip-grant-tables, and started the service.
In the command line of Windows i went to the root of mysql\bin, and typed the following comands:
"mysqladmin -u root password 'new_password'
mysqladmin flush-privileges".

But it reports the following:
"mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed"
"error: 'Access denied for user 'root@localhost' (using password: NO)'

Ideas?

Date: July 16, 2007 06:47PM

Read again your original post, it seems you no longer have user "root" so the only way is uninstall wamp and reinstall it

My site might be useful for you when you start over.

Have fun,

Date: July 16, 2007 07:29PM

The problem is, i already have some MySql Databases configured and working with some locally instaled sites.
Can i save the respective directories of the Databases to a folder and then put them back after a fresh installation of Wamp? Does this procedure affects something?

Date: July 16, 2007 10:58PM

It depends on what type of db you had. Anyway, check section Backup and Upgrade on my site

Have fun,

Date: July 17, 2007 10:46AM

Ok, thanks for your attention winking smiley
I'll try reinstall it.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:58PM

read my manual. it covers installing and using wamp and includes a section on phpmyadmin

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.