A few question before install
Posted by: Dennis (206.57.126.---)
Date: July 13, 2007 11:25PM

One of our folks has permission to receive training on PHP and MySQL. They need your s/w to do so but being in an environment such as ours I have a few questions.
Does this create server emulation that others can access?
Can this be used on a non-networked PC next to a networked PC? Or would this hinder training?
Will user have to admin level on the computer that this package is installed?
What are the minimum requirements for this hardware?
I thank you,
Dennis

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A few question before install
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: July 15, 2007 12:36AM

You might be interested to check out my site for the idea

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Posted by: Dennis (206.57.126.---)
Date: July 18, 2007 12:37AM

Hi YFASTUD,
Thank you, that was quite the informative site.
Can you tell me the requirements for hardware and OS.
Dennis

Posted by: yfastud (---.mia.bellsouth.net)
Date: July 18, 2007 06:10AM

When I was beginning to fool around w/ server about year ago, I've started w/ old Celeron 400MHz, 4GB hard drive, and only 256MB Ram w/ win XP, but now for server, I have 3 machines and setup as redundant servers so primary down, secondary immediately kick in until primary back on and the third is the backup; primary (which is HP xw4400 Workstation that I was lucky got it last week for only $200) is Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 / 1.86 GHz, 4GB Ram (667MHz / DDR2 PC2-5300) w/ Vista Business, secondary is Intel Dual Core 840 D / 3.20GHz, 2GB Ram (533MHz / DDR2 PC2-4200) w/ Vista Basic, and each has 1TB (500GB x 2) and backup is Intel Celeron D 356 / 3.33 GHz has 2TB (500GB x 4), 2GB RAm (533MHz / DDR PC-4200) w/ XP Home; in addition, there is 1TB NAS (500GB x 2) which can be accessed from any desktop or laptop w/i LAN; of course, all these 3 are for server, and I'm using my laptop for all other computing needs, even web designs.

[forum.wampserver.com]

So, it depends on what you're planning to do; if for development only, any hardware or even laptop is ok, but if hosting, it depends how many sites you're hosting. For os, hope you don't use something too old like 2k or before, especially a lot of people posted here having problem w/ 2k; so basically XP Home or better is good way to go.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (Basic Guide for WAMP)

Post Edited (07-18-07 07:11)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 22, 2007 03:56PM

read my manual

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.