Weird permission problems
Posted by: brianzimmer (---.142-60-66.FTTH-SWI.surewest.net)
Date: July 03, 2007 06:06AM

Hi,

I am having weird problems in WAMP.

I have a cygwin script that copies a directory to automate the installation of the PHP application Joomla. But when I do this, I get a bunch of "permission denied" errors. If I use cygwin and run chmod 777 -R dir/ then everything works. But if I every copy in a file, then I need to run this command again. In cygwin the owner of the files that work and that don't work (copied manually in windows) are the same

I am thinking it is a 'owner' problem, but I can't see a difference in cygwin so I have no idea what to do.

Is there a way to setup WAMP so that it doesn't matter who the owner of the file is...everyone can execute? It is a pain constantly having to set 777 permissions whenever I do anything.

It is just a local server, so I don't care about security.

Thanks,
Brian

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Weird permission problems
Posted by: brianzimmer (---.142-60-66.FTTH-SWI.surewest.net)
Date: July 09, 2007 04:19AM

No ideas at all?

Posted by: jaysunp (---.twm.az.commspeed.net)
Date: July 22, 2007 11:24PM

I have a similar issue with files associated with a Joomla plugin on my local WAMP server. Have you figured anything out yet? I need to change permissions on a file within the plugin to get it to work locally.

Do you know how I can do that to one file?

Jason

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: July 23, 2007 02:34AM

this is not a wamp issue, post this in joomla forum.

b]CyberSpatium[/b]
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.