java applet a bit goofy
Posted by: mirthen (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: July 01, 2007 09:08AM

i am using a java applet contained in a .jar file. when i run it off my WAMP5 server the java console is saying its getting the .jar file, and gets it fine. but then it tries to get the .class files from the server, which it should not be doing as they are contained in the .jar file.

to test i ran this on my webhosting server(1and1), i changed nothing, kept directory structure and everything the exact same, just uploaded and ran it. it worked fine. console said nothing about getting the .class files.

my wamp5 is pretty much defaults on everything, only things i changed were the webroot n such.

so i know that its not my client or java on the client side, as it runs fine from another source. and i know its not the jar or java itself, as it runs from another source. everything else looks fine. apache error log reports...
[Sun Jul 01 02:34:40 2007] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] File does not exist: D:/web/test/AppletGui.class
[Sun Jul 01 02:34:40 2007] [error] [client 192.168.1.1] File does not exist: D:/web/test/AppletGui

that file is contained in the .jar file, and is not requested when the applet is run from another source.

any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.