wampapache Service - Refusing to start while the server is put online.
Posted by: CheeseDude781 (---.bos.east.verizon.net)
Date: June 23, 2007 06:26AM

In case anyone doesn't know from the title, my wampapache service will only run while the Wamp5 server is not 'Put Online'.
If I have the service on while it is being put online, it will go online, but the service will shut down directly after.
I have been using Wamp5 for a long time now and I am unsure why this problem suddenly stumbled on me for the past 3 days.
Since then I have tried reinstalling the services, reinstalling apache itself, and just plain fooling with httpd.conf (Although I was certain it wouldn't help).
I am running Windows XP Professional with Apache 2 on Wamp5 v.1.7.2.
The Apache 2 server also listens on port 88 if it helps at all.
I do not use MySQL with my Wamp5 Server, only Apache and PHP.
If anyone has any suggestions, please do respond.
---------------------
Thanks
- Cheese.

Post Edited (06-23-07 06:28)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wampapache Service - Refusing to start while the server is put online.
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 23, 2007 11:01AM

try a complete uninstall. uninstall wamp and delete the c:\wamp director. restart pc, and install wamp again.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Re: wampapache Service - Refusing to start while the server is put online.
Posted by: krusher_00 (---.accessplus.com.au)
Date: June 27, 2007 09:04AM

Did you try checking the apache error logs via the wamp control panel?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.