mysql console password
Posted by: nanafwu (216.31.211.---)
Date: June 21, 2007 11:49PM

Hi everyone,
I'm really new to this, so I'd appreciate any advice on my problem. How do you know what the password to the mysql console is when you first start using it?
Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysql console password
Posted by: 0ff (---.fbx.proxad.net)
Date: June 22, 2007 12:42AM

did you try to push the Enter key ? :p

Posted by: nanafwu (216.31.211.---)
Date: June 22, 2007 12:50AM

haha thanks!

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 23, 2007 12:02PM

mysql comes with no password set for the root user. so, like stated previously, in the console just press enter instead of entering a password. i highly recommend for security reason you add a password for the root user. for more info on how to do that read my manual

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.