Posted by: Hekko (---.net.upc.cz)
Date: June 21, 2007 02:14PM

Wamp fails to "connect to server" when executing such code:

<?php

include 'html/hlavicka.html';

require_once 'bonus.php';

include 'html/paticka.html';

?>

The browser just says the connection to server has timed out (I only have the error message in Czech). This occures whenever I try to include or require a file that requires/includes another file; including plain html or .php files that don't require/include another .php file works just fine.
The path is set correctly (I get "cannot open stream" if I change it so it points to a non-existent file).

I suppose I have to change some settings, but I just don't know which. Any suggestions? Please keep to easy English for I am not a native speaker.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Server Connection fails while using require();
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 21, 2007 05:42PM

I dont need the error message i just need the error code (403, 404, etc).

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Date: June 22, 2007 01:55AM

Neither Firefox nor IE 6 supplies any.
Firefox states that the connection to the server was terminated during loading the page. IE states that the server cannot be found and the page cannot be loaded.

Posted by: Allen (---.hsd1.mn.comcast.net)
Date: June 22, 2007 09:59PM

I had a very similar issue. My prob was that I had a prog called Hide my IP 2007 on the computer which had a ProxyFilter.dll that was causing all kinds of probs I uninstalled this program and deleted the program folder and the ProxyFilter.dll. Then I had to remove a failing network service then I had to refresh the ip detection for local host connection then I had to get comcast to reset my modem and I had to push the reset button on the modem then after some time I restarted Internet explorer and all was well. I don't know if Hide My IP 2007 is your issue but I am not sure if it was removing Hide My IP 2007 that worked or the steps that followed but this issue is now resolved for me. I hope this might help.

Date: June 22, 2007 11:09PM

I don't have any such program installed.

Could it be something with the computer's IP? The computer is a part of a LAN network and our router is a bit troublesome.

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 23, 2007 11:55AM

if you are on a network, read the "setting up apache on a network" section of my manual.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Date: June 23, 2007 01:32PM

The computer is on the network, but the Apache isn't. I only need to access the site from the localhost.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.