500 Internal Server Error??
Posted by: greenlight (---.hsd1.pa.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2007 10:43PM

When I try to run some php scripts, I get a 500 Internal Server Error.

The http.conf file says:

"Invalid command 'RewriteEngine', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration"

I have been using wampserver for a while and never got an error like this. Can anybody make sense of this?

help very appreciated

-mike

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 500 Internal Server Error??
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 21, 2007 01:46PM

you must have installed a script that needs mod_rewrite enabled. this topic has been answered before, search this forum for mod_rewrite

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Posted by: unknown (---.rdsnet.ro)
Date: August 26, 2007 12:26PM

Well, I`ve enabled "mod_rewrite" module but the script doesn't work.

The error is: " Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@localhost and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log. "

Any idea that what could be?

Thank you!

Posted by: CyberSpatium (---.hsd1.or.comcast.net)
Date: August 27, 2007 04:10PM

restart apache after changing the httpd.conf file for the new changes to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

I have WAMP5 working with (for development use only):
Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (64 bit)
Kaspersky Internet Security Suite 7.0.x
Spyware Terminater 2.x
CounterSpy 2.5.x

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans
Mortgage and Home Loan Advice

LaxGo Web Directory
Powerful human edited web directory of quality, spam-free sites organized via a comprehensive category structure.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.