browser downloads instead of view
Posted by: irland (---.hsd1.co.comcast.net)
Date: June 19, 2007 12:42AM

hey all, i am trying to view php files that are in my document root, but when i enter the address into the browser, instead of viewing the file, firefox pops up and tells me i am downloading the file. please help!!!

thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: browser downloads instead of view
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 19, 2007 05:12AM

make sure apache is running.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Date: June 19, 2007 05:29AM

thanks for the response, i made sure that it is running and according to wamp, apache is up and going. "WAMP 5 - All services runnning - server online"

is there anything special i need to configure?

Date: June 19, 2007 09:28AM

so i tried loading an html file out of my www root folder, and it worked. apparently its just php files that the browser attempts to download instead of view. my php code wouldn't work when embedded into an html file either.

i was wondering, because i was previously trying to get apache, php and mysql to work separately before i discovered wamp, i have all kinds of random dll, cfg, and ini files all over my system.

is there any other reason that my php service is up and running but not parsing?

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 21, 2007 01:55PM

make sure you access the files by typing [localhost], do not try to use the your browser open command do open the file. the file contacts php code and needs to be parsed by apache for the php code to work. if you open the file directly using the open command it just opens the file directly, and does not process the php code.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.