how to update
Posted by: owerio (---.dynamic85971034.ttnet.net.tr)
Date: June 17, 2007 03:29PM

Hello. I am 1.7.0 wamp user. How can I safely update to 1.7.2. Just installing 1.7.2 is problem-free or should I care anythiny also?
Thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: how to update
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 18, 2007 05:00AM

OPTION 1:

if you dont need to backup and/or save any websites or mysql database(s) you just need to download the latest version of wamp. uninstall wamp. make sure you delete the c:\wamp directory. restart your pc, and install wamp.

OPTION 2:

if you have any websites you need to save, make a backup of the c:\wamp\www folder. if your mysql database you need to save, open up phpmyadmin and export your tables and data to an .sql file. uninstall wamp. delete the c:\wamp folder. restart pc. install the latest wamp. start wamp, open up phpmyadmin and import your backed up data

if your .sql file is larger then 2 megabytes you will need to change the upload_max_filesize setting in your php.ini ( c:\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini ) file to upload a large file.

find:
upload_max_filesize = 2M

change to
upload_max_filesize = 50M

save the file, restart apache for the changes to take effect. now import your database into phpmyadmin. for security reasons you should change upload_max_filesize back to 2M.

if you do not have any data in your mysql database you need to protect then just uninstall wamp, delete the c:\wamp folder, restart pc, install the latest version of wamp.

you should now be up and running.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.