mysql.dll(cant connect to database)
Posted by: asmoshe (---.178.221.243.adsl.012.net.il)
Date: June 10, 2007 07:59AM

hello all ,

first of all thx for this great project .

my problem start when im trying to connect my database (from mirc) using mysql.dll .

until now i used old version of wamp that used mysql 4.0 .

and all work great .

but now when im trying the new version that use new version of mysql . it doesnt connect to the db .

i try to figure out this thing for weeks . all i could found is :

MySQL 4.1.x authentication problem -> [drupal.org]
or this - > [dev.mysql.com]

i also read - >[www.en.wampserver.com]

in this FAQ u guys suggest to do this :

"old_passwords

at the end of your mywamp.ini file (located in your windows directory). Restart your server and that's it, you'll be able to connect to your server. "

but still cant solve it , i cant find the mywamp.ini in windows dir or in any of system dir .

anyone can give me simple solution for this prob ?
step after step what i should do after i install wamp

thx in advance
asmoshe

Post Edited (06-11-07 21:15)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: mysql.dll(cant connect to database)
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 11, 2007 12:24AM

to edit the my.ini file:

start wamp, left click on the wamp tray icon -> config files -> my.ini

make sure you restart apache after you edit the file for the new changes to take effect.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Date: June 11, 2007 06:46AM

thx for the fast reply .

i edit my.ini like the way u told me and added old_password at the end of the file

like this :

# Number of threads allowed inside the InnoDB kernel. The optimal value
# depends highly on the application, hardware as well as the OS
# scheduler properties. A too high value may lead to thread thrashing.
innodb_thread_concurrency=8
old_passwords

i saved and restart all services .

still doesnt work :/

what do i do wrong ?

maby i use the wrong mysql.dll, libmysql.dll?
can u send me those files ? ##CENSORED##

thx in advance

asmoshe

Post Edited (06-11-07 21:14)

Date: June 12, 2007 03:03AM

I have edited your post and removed your email addres from it. spammers patrol the internet all the time trying to leach email addresses from websties so they can send their spam messages to it. so, for your protection and privacy, i have removed your email address.

here is how to use OLD_PASSWORD:
[dev.mysql.com]

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Clarify Loans

Date: June 12, 2007 08:44PM

i already did that few times . but it didnt solve my problem . :/

what about new version of mysql.dll ?

cuz i use dll from 2005 .

from this pack if u know it - > mysql-1.6.1.zip

im clewless :/

thx for this reply and hope i will solve my prob

Date: June 13, 2007 12:12AM

you are getting these problems because mysql changed some things in the users privileges when it upgraded mysql from version 4 to 5. so, you where using an older version of wamp that came mysql 4. you installed and upgraded to the latest version of wamp that comes with mysql 5. since you upgraded instead of doing a clean install of wamp, all your old mysql databases are still located in the c;\wamp\mysql folder. when you upgraded to mysql 5, it caused the problems you are now experiencing when mysql tried to access that database which was originally created using the older mysql version 4 permissions.

since OLD_PASSWORD is not working for you, you have two options. you can download an older version of wamp that comes with mysql 4.x that will work with your current mysql data, or you can completely uninstall wamp and install the latest version of wamp that comes with mysql 5.x.

OPTION 1:

you dont need to backup and save any data, you just need to download an older version of wamp that comes with mysql 4. you can find all the wamp versions at SourceForge:
[sourceforge.net]

uninstall wamp. make sure you DO NOT delete the c:\wamp directory, or you will loose all your data. now install wamp.

OPTION 2:

uninstall wamp if you have any data in your mysql database you need to save, open up phpmyadmin and export your tables and data to an .sql file. uninstall wamp. delete the c:\wamp folder. restart pc. install the latest wamp again. start wamp, open up phpmyadmin and import your backed up data

if your .sql file is larger then 2 megabytes you will need to change the upload_max_filesize setting in your php.ini ( c:\wamp\apache2\bin\php.ini ) file to upload a large file.

find:
upload_max_filesize = 2M

change to
upload_max_filesize = 50M

save the file, restart apache for the changes to take effect. now import your database into phpmyadmin. for security reasons you should change upload_max_filesize back to 2M.

if you do not have any data in your mysql database you need to protect then just uninstall wamp, delete the c:\wamp folder, restart pc, install the latest version of wamp.

you should now be up and running.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Clarify Loans

Date: June 13, 2007 05:38PM

not working .

u dont think im using old mysql.dll ?

cuz when i replace mysqlib to newer file . it gives me error msg " u need to use libmysql 4.0.4b "

asmoshe

Post Edited (06-13-07 22:05)

Date: June 15, 2007 12:11AM

you cannot just replace the file, you need to use option 1 or 2 i posted above

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Clarify Loans

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.