No memory setting root password
Posted by: Wiccanian (---.213-81-70.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: May 25, 2007 08:06PM

Alright I'm going to need some help with this, I want to set a root password which can be set on 2 different ways.

1. Through phpmyadamin's priveliges >> I fill in the change password screens, hit GO and it says it's done, but it isn't... When I reload the privs or restart the services, there is no password set...

2. Through the mysql command screen >> I've tried the SET PASSWORD line but I simply get no OK response but a new -> line.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening and what I have to do to makes the changes effective, so my password will be stored?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: No memory setting root password
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 28, 2007 03:23AM

read my manual

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Date: May 29, 2007 08:30PM

Read my post...

Your manual sais:

Step 4: Now to edit/change your password, scroll down until you see the ‘Change Password’ section. Put your password in the password box, and then re-type your password to double check that what you entered was typed correctly. Now click on the ‘Go’ button just below the ‘Re-type Password’ box. Congratulations, you are now done!

I did that and on 'Go' it's not changing, it's staying the same, so when I set it in the config.inc.php it's still not recognised because in the priviliges it won't remember my password...

WhatI have to do to makes the changes effective, so my password will be stored?

Date: June 03, 2007 06:28AM

bump

still have this problem, is there no solution at all?

Posted by: Haujobb (---.unipac.com)
Date: June 07, 2007 06:39PM

I changed the config.inc.php as suggested above, and changed the mysql password from the mysql prompt. I used this command:

SET PASSWORD FOR 'user'@'hostname' = PASSWORD('passwordhere');

Posted by: clodhoppers18 (---.hsd1.fl.comcast.net)
Date: June 15, 2007 06:35PM

I changed the password for the root account, and it went thru, but now the PHP My Admin doesnt work. I tried editing the config.inc.php and it still wouldnt work. I then looked up in the mysql manual, how to change the password, and so I ran the "SET PASSWORD FOR 'user'@'hostname' = PASSWORD('passwordhere');" and I get "query OK, 0 rows affected" and I cant admin the DB except thru the prompt

Please help. I dont want to have to reinstall the DB.

Date: June 15, 2007 07:10PM

Just out of pure curiosity, I reinstalled WAMP, and I still get the error. I am curios as to if this is something that the WAMP uninstaller does not remove when it uninstalls. I will keep you posted as to other things I try to do

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: June 15, 2007 10:22PM

when you uninstall wamp is still leaves your data like your websites in the c:\wamp\www directory and databases in the mysql directory.

after you uninstall wamp, delete the c:\wamp directory, then install wamp again.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Cellular Phone Deals - The Best on the Net! - FREE PHONES! Take your pick from our featured cellular phone deals by Cingular, Verizon, T-Mobile, Sprint PCS, Nextel, and more! Most of our cellular phone offers include a FREE cellular phone with FREE shipping!

Web Development for Newbie's Blog - Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Mortgage and Home Loan Advice:
Clarify Loans

Date: June 15, 2007 10:25PM

OK, I did that and everything works now. Unfortunately I lost my data, but its not a big deal cause I havent altered the original data, and I got a backup

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.