Problems accessing Mysql in a remote machine
Posted by: mcanossa (---.ncc.up.pt)
Date: May 18, 2007 07:44PM

Hello,

I installed Wamp5 in a machine, in a WindowsXP-based LAN. All services seam to be running well. I created a few PHP files (without database access) in the server and when i try to access them it works perfectly. I get a "permission denied" error when I try to access Mysql databases from another machine in the LAN, both by command line or phpmyadmin. In the server machine I get no error. I turned off the firewall, but it didn't solve the problem.
Is there any special configuration I have to make to allow remote access to Mysql databases?
Thanx.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Problems accessing Mysql in a remote machine
Posted by: xyloid01 (---.stfd.smithvilledsl.net)
Date: May 21, 2007 05:24AM

I had a similar problem and found a workaround, if not a complete explanation. From the remote machine I got a MySQL authentication denial if I used a domain name in the url, but no problem if I used the server's IP address in the url. So there must be a problem at some point with name resolution. I hope someone can clarify this some more.

Re: Problems accessing Mysql in a remote machine
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: May 21, 2007 05:38AM

that is because the roms (the developer of wamp) setup permissions for phpmyadmin to only allow localhost access phpmyadmin. so, if you try to connect any other way, it will not work.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Check out my new blog. It is for web developers, and especially tailored for the web development newbie. If you are not fluent in “geek speak”, then this incredible resource is just you. And even if you are a web development pro, this is a great resource to check out some of the latest web development tips, news, tutorials, codes and more.

Web Development for Newbie's Blog

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.