Error loading extension PHP for MySQL, please revise your configuration...
Posted by: karaja (---.187.219.87.dynamic.jazztel.es)
Date: April 15, 2007 06:29PM

Hello,

When i loaded phpMyAdmin with WAMP the computer shows me this message, that links me to Documentation associate, that says:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.20 I receive the error "cannot load MySQL extension, please check PHP Configuration".
To connect to a MySQL server, PHP needs a set of MySQL functions called "MySQL extension". This extension may be part of the PHP distribution (compiled-in), otherwise it needs to be loaded dynamically. Its name is probably mysql.so or php_mysql.dll. phpMyAdmin tried to load the extension but failed.

Usually, the problem is solved by installing a software package called "PHP-MySQL" or something similar.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried to load the dynamic extensions in php.ini, but I have a question: If this software install Apache+PHP+MySql why don't install fine the extensions PHP for MySQL? Is my computer more especial than the others??

Other question that I have is where I can found this magical packages PHP-MySQL.

In resume, I'm very discontent with all software above php. I worked with C++, Java, jsp, SOAP and I didn't understand all the fever of tutorials and this personalization with php.ini. The way more logical was to do a standard php.ini, and then if I would personalize it. I recognized that WAMP have the power to solve this (es la luz al final del tunel), and I hope that with work you can solve this type of little bugs.

To finally, if someone can help me with this problem. I hope your response, thanks.

.-)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Error loading extension PHP for MySQL, please revise your configuration...
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 15, 2007 07:13PM

Enable it is very easy. Just click on wamp tray icon, php settings, php extensions, then select php_mysql, php_mysqli, and if you want, also select php_pdo_mysql. After server restarted, go back and check to make sure they all have the triangle symbol in front of them

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (testing WAMPS)
[test.jlbn.net] (testing codes)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 15, 2007 11:38PM

karaja, if you dont understand what to do in yfastud post, search this forum for "cannot load mysql extension" as this topic has been answered many times.

yfastud, you dont need to enable php_mysqli unless you want use the mysqli class to connect to mysql. you also dont need to enable pdo_mysql unless you are using pdo in your scripts

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Like my free support? Help support me by making a donation today!

Posted by: MishaBear (---.37-151.net24.it)
Date: April 16, 2007 07:13AM

I had the exact same issue, and following the suggestions in this thread didn't help. I had the same issue also with XAMPP package.

Well, to fix it I added the value

PHPIniDir "c:/wamp/php"

At the end of c:\wamp\Apache2\conf\httpd.conf

Then, if it doesn't exist, create the directory ext within C:\wamp\Apache2\bin\ (C:\wamp\Apache2\bin\ext) and copy within this directory all the files within php ext directory (C:\wamp\php\ext).

Of course, wamp was installed on c:\wamp on my machine (default setting). If you changed this you should replace the above paths to match your environment (again, this isn't needed if you installed WAMP with the default settings.)

That's it!

Posted by: imago3d (---.neb.res.rr.com)
Date: April 17, 2007 12:56AM

MishaBear, Thanks very much for posting that. It was driving me nuts. I'd installed PHP, MYSQL, and Apache over and over, then went with WAMP5. Straight forward answer!! You saved my sanity!

Posted by: MishaBear (---.38-151.net24.it)
Date: April 17, 2007 01:01AM

Don't mention it! I had the same issue, and being not used to PHP on Windows, I can understand smiling smiley

Posted by: gsghert01 (---.dsl.emhril.ameritech.net)
Date: August 14, 2007 01:54AM

Now MishaBear, I got to hand it to you. How you figured that out is way over my head.

Thanks,

GaryG

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.