Username and Password
Posted by: Graeme (---.saix.net)
Date: April 14, 2007 11:39PM

I would like to install Joomla using WAMP5 1.7.0, however when I get to the Joomla set-up stage to enter the username and password for the mysql database I'm not sure were to get these as it seems you cannot choice anything. Were do I look for these? otherwise the php and apache server are both working.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Username and Password
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 14, 2007 11:54PM

You have to create an db account including db name, db username, and db username's password before installing joomla. Easiest way is using phpmyadmin to create db.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (testing WAMPS)
[test.jlbn.net] (testing codes)

Posted by: techno_man (---.20-57-74.mc.videotron.ca)
Date: April 15, 2007 01:43AM

***** Graeme *****

( I would like to install Joomla using WAMP5 1.7.0 ) > ive done it and it worked for JOOMLA --------->what i did was put JOOMLA into the www root (i unzipped it to it, then i installed it threw localhost on wamp5 manager ...worked great for me..but im doing something else now so i dont have it anymore integrated with wamp5!
--------------
heres actually someone explaining how they put JOOMLA WITH WAMP5 on another forum-----> [drupal.org] << this is someone who got JOOMLA working and look at it itll help yah , hopefully that helps !

Post Edited (04-15-07 01:46)

Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 15, 2007 11:46PM

to learn how to use phpmyadmin and use it to add users and databases, check out my wamp manual (link is in my sig).

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Like my free support? Help support me by making a donation today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.