MySQL problems with Wamp
Posted by: Evan K (---.nyc.res.rr.com)
Date: April 12, 2007 11:53PM

This is probably a stupid error i made, or something I'm overlooking. I've been using Wamp Server for about 6 months now, so I'd say i'm somewhat knowledgeable about how it works but this thing confounds me. I was cleaning my hard drive the other day and deleting a lot of folders and files. I tried to be careful with my deleting but I think I may have deleted mySql. A website I've been working on which used a lot of database manipulation was working one day, than the next it wasn't (the day after my hard drive purge). The whole php script (checklogin) freezes during my mysql_connect. Then I checked my WAMP homepage and it doesn't have the mysql extension nor does it detect it at all. The service is running, and i can get into the mysql console to access my databases. I reinstalled WAMP, reinstalled MySQL 5 and still it doesn't work. I'd post my code up but it's really not neccessary it's just your basic mysql_connect statement. I thought you didn't need to install any mysql extensions when you install WAMP, i thought it was included. My database teacher didn't understand the problem either, he just told me to reinstall WAMP Server, which I've done twice. Please help me get this working, thanks in advance to whoever responds.

QUICK EDIT: On the localhost page it does not list mysql in it's php extensions. However if i click the WAMP icon on my taskbar and go to php settings > php extensions > it lists mysql there.

Post Edited (04-12-07 23:55)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: MySQL problems with Wamp
Posted by: yfastud (---.cable.mindspring.com)
Date: April 13, 2007 12:13AM

If you installed everything by default, mysql folder should be inside wamp folder so you mostly can clean up anything outside that folder.

If you reinstall wamp, check to make sure that php_mysql and php_mysqli are enabled( ie. has a triangle in front of them).

If nothing help, I guess you might have to restart everything all over.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.net] (testing WAMPS)
[test.jlbn.net] (testing codes)

Re: MySQL problems with Wamp
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 13, 2007 08:26AM

mysql stores all your data in your mysql database's in files located in the mysql data folder.
C:\wamp\mysql\data

if you deleted the mysql folder, or the data folder, then you have deleted all your mysql databases. if you have any undelete tools like norton systemworks, perhaps you can retrieve that lost data. if you dont then you can not get your data back.

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Like my free support? Help support me by making a donation today!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.