Mysql will not start up now
Posted by: drakuz (---.sclhs.net)
Date: April 12, 2007 05:01PM

First off I am new to these boards and pretty new to PHP/Mysql/Apache.

I have been following some tutorials and have purchases a few book on PHP/Mysql and have been reading through them.

When I first installed WAMP everything worked great. I was able to create some test .html files and everything worked fine. I was also able to use phpmysql to create a database and some tables.

Well, everything I read says to delete the anyom account that is created with Mysql. I have done that and I have also followed some text that showed my how to change the "root" password on localhost. This is where I believe I am not able to re-connect to mysql server. I created a .txt document that had the following statement in it:
SET PASSWORD FOR 'root'@'localhost' = PASSWORD('MyNewPassword');

I had the mysql service stopped when I did the following:

C:\wamp\mysql\bin\mysqld-nt --init-file=C:\mysql-init.txt

Ever since I did this I am not able to go to the WAMP server and choose to start mysql (it never starts). However, I am able to choose the mysql console and when it brings up the prompt for root password, I am able to type in the new password I stated in the .txt file I created and I can log in.

What do I need to change with WAMP so it reads my new password for root?

THanks,

Scott

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mysql will not start up now
Posted by: CyberSpatium (71.237.217.---)
Date: April 12, 2007 05:23PM

to lean how to change the password for the root user, see the phpmyadmin section in my wamp manual (link is in my sig).

CyberSpatium
----------------------
WAMP English Forum Admin

Need help? Check out my WAMP User Manual/Guide here!

Please visit my latest website Clarify Loans:
clarifyloans.com

Like my free support? Help support me by making a donation today!

Re: Mysql will not start up now
Posted by: drakuz (---.sclhs.net)
Date: April 12, 2007 05:49PM

Actually I just figured out what happened, I hit the "put online" button on WAMP. Now that I have it set for off line it is working now. Doh.....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.