Formatting
Posted by: fluffles (---.co.uk)
Date: April 02, 2007 07:53PM

Hi, I'm a bit new to this. I've installed wamp, and I need to format my pc. What do I have to do to get things up and running again? I'm using Drupal (php/mysql), and I need it to work when things are back up. I've backed up the wamp directory, so far.

I'd appreciate any help smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Formatting
Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: April 02, 2007 08:01PM

Save that original wamp dir to somewhere safe, then after re-format hd, copy (not move) that dir to location you want to install wamp, then just install wamp over it, but you still have to re-install drupal though. If something doesn't go as expected, you still have original wamp dir.

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes on Vista)

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Posted by: fluffles (---.co.uk)
Date: April 02, 2007 08:04PM

Thanks for the reply! Is there no way I can get around reinstalling drupal? Can't I export the database somehow?

Many thanks.

Posted by: yfastud (72.236.169.---)
Date: April 02, 2007 08:53PM

If your Drupal already has db, you need to dump (export) first, then after re-install, restore (import) that sql db back; however, I've got problem w/ images after restore though, just my 2 cents.

However, later on I figured out another way around, but this is not official, I meant not a proper way, so only if you run into problem, email me and and I let know

Have fun,

[www.jlbn.com] (testing WAMPS on Vista)
[test.jlbn.com] (testing codes on Vista)

Win Vista Business
Apache 2.2.4
MySQL 5.2.3 F-A
PHP 5.2.1
SSL 0.9.8D

phpMyAdmin 2.10.0.2

Post Edited (04-02-07 21:17)

Have fun,

FREE One A Day
FREE Photo
FREE Games
FREE Websites
FREE Portable GPS
FREE WAMP Guides

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.